Build Thread Rob's 2015 Mustang Gt

@84Ttop so I don't notice any kind of major vibration. I will say the car feels ridiculously solid with the drivetrain mods. Seems to drive smoother and I feel more in touch with the car.
Edit: feeling vibration from about 50-65 nothing major but it is there.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

@84Ttop so I don't notice any kind of major vibration. I will say the car feels ridiculously solid with the drivetrain mods. Seems to drive smoother and I feel more in touch with the car.
Edit: feeling vibration from about 50-65 nothing major but it is there.
Thanks for the feedback, this validates my assumption at least. I'll be calling DSS today to see what they would like for me to do as the whining noise mine is making is getting under my skin lol

Finally got the car to the track on sticky tires. Let me tell you that is a whole new ball game. I've never been set back in the seat like that before!!!! I can't wait to get back there and bring my E/T down even more. I'm consistently trapping 124-125 mph with 1.9 and 2.0 60'. My best pass was 11.88 @125!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
So I'm now toying with the idea of a smaller pulley and a retune before wanna go fast. I'm not sure if I could even get it tuned by then. I kind of want to surprise my buddy who's constantly kicking my ass in his Vette. My other concern is with the added power will I run out of gear in 5th before the end of the 1/2 mile?

So I'm now toying with the idea of a smaller pulley and a retune before wanna go fast. I'm not sure if I could even get it tuned by then. I kind of want to surprise my buddy who's constantly kicking my ass in his Vette. My other concern is with the added power will I run out of gear in 5th before the end of the 1/2 mile?
1/2 mile racing? That is gangster.... Math should be simple enough to do for rpm/gear ratio and mph

1/2 mile racing? That is gangster.... Math should be simple enough to do for rpm/gear ratio and mph
Yeah I'm pretty excited! Found out that a 3.6" pulley won't require a revision on the tune and should bring me to 11-12.5 psi and mid to high 600 rwhp. Nice gain for 100 bucks!

I skimmed through.

Before swapping the pulley, maybe consider water/meth? You will probably see some pretty good gains with nothing at all added in the way of boost pressure.
I have considered it and still am considering it for the future. I have an event in two weeks and I don't think adding meth is in the budget right now. I'm fairly positive that would cost more than a 90 dollar pulley.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah I'm pretty excited! Found out that a 3.6" pulley won't require a revision on the tune and should bring me to 11-12.5 psi and mid to high 600 rwhp. Nice gain for 100 bucks!
Not sure how true that above statement is. After Talking to Lund today I told him the goal with the car is 700+ WHP and he said that they can do it with 11-12 psi (sweet), a tune and 93 octane. I won't be converting to e85 or adding meth (that I know of LOL). GREAT NEWS!
I got a quote from Ramsey's Performance today to install a clutch. I just don't want to do it on jack stands. Looking at McLeod Twin disc, and since the trans is out an MGW shifter.
I'm also looking into the IRS Cradle lockout, Diff bushing lockout or billet diff bushings, and BMR drag springs. At high speeds this car feels very light IMO. I think it needs a stiffer spring and a little less ground clearance.

Reactions: 1 user
I just discovered that the bolts on the CV portion of my Axles have been backing themselves out UGH. I'm hoping DSS takes care of me they only have like 1500 miles on them...

All the bolts were still there but every one of them were loose. I tightened them down and everything in the rearended got better. I still have a small clunk but I think it's normal since the drivetrain has to have a little play. Car feels a lot better and I nailed the brakes form around 120 and he car stayed planted. I'm wondering if the loose bolts creating a sloppier than normal rearended could have really caused all that? Maybe it's just placebo affect?

*Update* I still haven't installed these bolts yet. I'm going to have to pull the axles to chase the threads. I'm hoping to be able to add suspension parts at the same time while I'm unbolting stuff from the rear.