Rocker Panel Moldings

Mustanglvr2006

Mar 31, 2010
Somewhere
I am going the black route on the exterior of my Torch red 2006 Stang, so far I've done the Black upper and lower Billet Grilles, smoked front turn signals, black billet fuel door, smoked side markers, black deck lid panel,and a black rear diffuser(under the rear bumper, like the GT500 has) I will do black wheels and a chin spoiler eventually, with that said, I have been thinking about going with black rocker panel moldings, I could take mine off and have them painted......what do you guys/gals think would look the best, a flat black or gloss black? I have looked at NTO and they only have Redfire and Grabber Orange, do you know where else I could look for a set of black moldings?

Thanks in advance for your opinions and any help you can give me :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I like the flat black. Custom design concepts, I believe, offers some. Also, if I remember corrently V 6s of that year had black rocker panel moldings.
I just called Ford, just for kicks, and spoke to the parts guy who told me he was not sure if the V6 molding would fit my car but he thinks it would, he also said that the V6 does not stick out as far as the GTs molding does, the moldings for the V6 were $125 each and they come in a black textured finish and the GT's are $150 each and come unfinished and ready to paint.

How do you think a textured finish would look?

I will check out CDC now, thank you stanmckinney for your opinion and help :nice: I appreciate it.

I think they would look great. I believe others have done this mod, some on this site. I had a 2005 V6 and then a 2007 GT. I liked the V6 moldings best.
Is that price retail? If so, I think you could probably get a better price somewhere else. My dealer sells to me, for example, at just a little over cost. (He should considering how many cars I have bought from him). I think someone on this board has a dealer connection, if I am not mistaken.
One great thing about buying from a dealer, especially on large parts, you pay no shipping or at least I never have.

The V6 moldings are the same as the GT500 version, just cheaper. I bought the GT500 rockers on eBay, so that I could do a two-tone look also and they are really nice. I have the Roush front bumper and I had the chin spoiler repainted with black textured paint. Doesn't match 100%, but it is far enough away from the side, that you cannot tell.

You could just scuff you stock rocker panels and hit them with spray-on truck bed liner. I've done it with success in the past. Gives you a matte textured look and is very durable. I even fixed the grill on the front of my wife's yellow VW Beetle by epoxying the crack and hit it with black truck bed liner. The contrast looks good and it looks pretty sharp. Was much cheaper than ordering color match paint since I already had it too.

I did a similar thing to my Torch Red, I just went on eBay and found a set from a 6Cyl which are black chip resistant matt plastic. With a black border all the way around it makes the whole car look slimmer and more aggresive IMHO.

Don't forget to black out your GT emblems on the front fenders too.

015.jpg

051.jpg