rocker problems

88mustang92

Mar 1, 2008
Sooo i have been having problems with my rockers coming loose even with poly locks, so with that being said i want to make sure im doing this properly.
Work on 1 cylinder at a time, make sure each p-rod is at its lowest point, tight the poly lock until the p-rod has no more up and down movement (zero lash?). the go half turn past that, then tighten the poly lock hex nut on top. Please clarify. BTW i have screw in head studs along with comp cams 1.7 magnum roller rockers.

• Sponsors (?)

Are you using a solid lifter?

You need use a solid lifter or modify a stock lifter. If you take the lifter apart, remove the spring, and flip the internal body upside down, you will make a solid lifter. This however ruins the lifter so don't do it with one you intend to use in the engine

Are you using a solid lifter?

You need use a solid lifter or modify a stock lifter. If you take the lifter apart, remove the spring, and flip the internal body upside down, you will make a solid lifter. This however ruins the lifter so don't do it with one you intend to use in the engine

No, hydraulic roller, what i m doing is cranking the engine until i have oil pressure (with ig. coil discon) then they should be filled up, so i go with that, move the p-rod up and down and tighten the nut until the is no more up down movement of the p-rod, go half turn past that, then tighten the hex on the nut.

Remove the nut and look down in that area for indication of wear or chaffing.
I've heard, but not personally witnessed people having issues with their polylock/nuts riding on the rocker body and not fully seating down on it's lands.

Sorry it took me a while to get back i found out the problem, apparently while replacing the cheap lock nuts from comp cams, i 4got to tighten 1 poly lock on the nut, no big found it, put it back together n runs again now! yay, but anyway, got a small idle problem wen cold, it doesnt like to stay running unless its warm, thats iac problem isnt it? or is it bc of the cam?

Sorry it took me a while to get back i found out the problem, apparently while replacing the cheap lock nuts from comp cams, i 4got to tighten 1 poly lock on the nut, no big found it, put it back together n runs again now! yay, but anyway, got a small idle problem wen cold, it doesnt like to stay running unless its warm, thats iac problem isnt it? or is it bc of the cam?

Yeah...check and clean your IAC.
What rpm does your car idle at? The "B" likes ~ 900-1000 rpms.