Rod & Customs New Rear Coil-Over System

• Sponsors (?)

Definitely not feeling the top mount for the two upper arms. All of the forces acting on the differential are being put through a smallish peice of plate that is partially boxed. I'd much prefer a mount that included more of the bolts of the third memeber and was of a more compact design.
Though I will say it's definitely one of the more cost friendly setups... most of the other t-arm or 3-link varieties are in the 3500$ range.

I know they claim "no welding" but I would back up that upper control arm mount with something welded onto it and the floorpan. Unless it butts up completely against the floor. Although with every early Mustang unibody out there not being within 1/4" of each other I doubt it.

R&C Quality

I can tell you my front-end is very heavy duty and well built. Those parts that you think are thing bent sheet metal are thick plate steel. Call Willie he's very friendly and their supports is awesome, I had to send back my engine mounts and coil over springs because I'm putting a BB engine in now instead of a SB, he sent me them right back no charge. Most places charge you a restocking and shipping fee TCP did, Summit did, even whenit was their mistake.

I like it

looks good to me --i have been waiting for the evolution rear kit--but it is taking forever and it keeps on getting more expensive---originaly 2500 than 3500 --where does it all end

looks good to me --i have been waiting for the evolution rear kit--but it is taking forever and it keeps on getting more expensive---originaly 2500 than 3500 --where does it all end

see the problem is the geometry and the body. The body of the stang does not allow for good geometry to be made into a bold on kit. Its just not possible. So, the guys at EVO and us as well have decided to cut the body to make room for the upper link. There is still alot of fabrication with the kits. There will never be bolt on suspension for these cars that has good geometry. WE have tried countless designs and have even built one that fit the body for a customer that did not want to cut the floor. Our kit will be in the 3500 range and still require that the body be cut and there will be alot of welding to go along with that. There is just no other way to get a rear race geometry suspension in these cars, i wish there was but i have tried and failed. The body must be cut to obtain the best geometry!

Jason

we have built a bolt in system for a custom application where the customer did not want to cut the floor, this was the upper are we used to clear the body and housing.

67_GT350_3link_021.jpg

upper_link.jpg

Jason

Have you looked at Heidts 4-link-coil-over? For about $1300.00 you get a fully adjustable 4-link, panhard-bar, coil-over, frame connectors and drive-shaft loop. The shocks on the Heidts unit bolt to a square tube that should be stronger for the purpose of vertical loading from the coil-over.

My car is just for play

But I'd like it to ride better. The weight difference is actually not that much compared to what others are doing putting on the new style engines with all the accessories.

The Tremecs transmissions with bellhousing/clutch/etc actually weight more than the C6/convertor.