Roller block in a 79

So here is my delema....I have an 88 GT that I bought that had a bit of damage, but discovered it would cost more to repair it vs. buy a roller. I want to buy this indy pace car, put my front suspension on it, and swap everything over. I am thinking of going carb, running a performer rpm and a holly 600 carb, or swaping everything over....What would you guys suggest?

going carb, I could keep the fuel delivery on the body the same, and run a low amp fuel pump, that way I wont need to swap the timing cover. I think I would also make more power.

What else am I missing on this???

Or I could swap everything over to EFI, which we all know the process of that.

• Sponsors (?)

efi is cool, but i'd save that for a future project. the block is the same as what's already in the 79...swap over the entire drivetrain from the 88 as is...yank the intake, put your carb on, and drop in the 5.0 and t5 from the 88 as well as the dual hump trans x member so you can run the dual exhaust that's on the 88 too.

now that I recall, I think the 79's may have had a slightly different floorpan...and the trans x member may not be a straight bolt on...but it can be modified.

go to foureyedpride.com if that's the case and post the question there, and the guys with the 79's will help u out further.