Roller lifter question

Is there an advantage to running a comp cams high energy lifter at $245 a set over running a ford racing set at $125? I don't mind spending the extra $100, but there has to be an advantage to justify the purchase. I'm trying to save some money because I need to get 6.55 pushrods now.(Trick flow heads and Harland sharp rockers) I'm interested in both performance differences and reliability differences.
Thanks Stangnet,
Rob

• Sponsors (?)

I have to agree. The Comp Cams lifters can probably withstand higher spring pressures before collapsing, but the FMS ones can hold up under quite a bit. In a street application, you'd probably have a pretty hard time testing the limits of the stock/FMS lifters.

Here's the cam specs.. Still good with fms lifters?

Intake______Exhaust
284________290____duration
.533________.544___valve lift
114 Lobe center angle
110 Intake centerline

Spring pressures are more telling than cam specs but as all have said you should be fine with the FMS stuff for a while. Don't be surprised if the springs in the lifters wear out though. The bodies are basically the same but the internals of the COMP lifters are better. If you plan on running this motor for a long time I would spring for the COMP's.

Here's the cam specs.. Still good with fms lifters?

Intake______Exhaust
284________290____duration
.533________.544___valve lift
114 Lobe center angle
110 Intake centerline

Personally, I'd stick with the Ford Lifters. They're one tough customer. That's all I've ever run in my motors. The lifters in my 331 have seen 7,800 rpms frequently since I installed them in about 2001 without missing a beat.