Roller rockers with stud conversion kit

twotonefreak

Feb 23, 2003
Fortsmith,AR
Hey guys I am gonna install my 1.6 Roller rockers (they are stud mounted) and I also picked up a conversion kit. My question is, will these rockers with the kit clear my stock valve covers? I have heard many say roller rockers won't and other that say they will? :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

SorsCode said:
I was told the Comp Cam Pro Magnums will fit... do to the low body design and the way there made...
I've never heard of that. They fit under the earlier Fox body valve covers, but do not fit under the SN-95 5.0 VCs. Maybe that is what those people were referring to.

Joe

SorsCode said:
I was told the Comp Cam Pro Magnums will fit... do to the low body design and the way there made...

I'm will be running some of these with my new haeds and will try to make them fit under the stockers with a pretty thick head gasket. I'll let you know how it goes as soon as the new heads are on.

I know a guy in town running them on his 95 Mustang GT with AFR heads under Cobra Valve covers.. with stock gaskets and stuff... I just didn't know if there was a difference between the Cobra VC and the GT's... besides the fact one says Cobra..

SorsCode said:
I know a guy in town running them on his 95 Mustang GT with AFR heads under Cobra Valve covers.. with stock gaskets and stuff... I just didn't know if there was a difference between the Cobra VC and the GT's... besides the fact one says Cobra..

I was looking at my stockers compared to those off a 94 Cobra I was helping to do a cam swap on, and there was no difference between the two except one said Cobra?? I am gonna maybe massage or remove the baffle on the RH cover and see what happens, but I have a set of tall chrome :nonono: covers I picked up from the parts house today, but I doubt they will fit under my TFS Street heat intake. I am gonna cut off the part of the EGR mount (I just have a block off plate) to give me some more clearance and see if they will fit or not.

SorsCode said:

I'd be certain of who "told" met this was correct. A lot of BS floats around on these boards from someone who heard something from someone etc...

You don't want to find out they don't fit and then have to hunt down another set of VC's and set your project back a few days or more.