Rolling Fenders

dusty430

Jul 1, 2004
Hello,

I need to roll my front fenders and don't really know how to. Has anyone done this before and if so what is the best way in doing so. Any advise is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dustin

• Sponsors (?)

I dunno anyone who's ever done it on a mustang, but I know some import people who have done it, usually they say you need an actual tool that's called a fender roller /shrug

you can saw little sections of the inside of the fender every 6 or 8 inches around the inside then bend up those sectionds with a rubber mallet and/or pliers....

when i rolled mine, i went ghetto....i didnt saw any of it...i used gigantic pliers, a hammer and metal baseball bat...and just bashed the hell out of that jagged lip until it bent up and around. lol.

watch out tho. that lip is REALLY SHARP...i sliced my finger wide open to the bone by knockin it against the inside of the fender.

There are write ups as how to do it with a ball bat on the internet. I even contacted a local company about it and they said they had a guy that knew how to roll them with a baseball bat... You can buy the tool but it's really expensive.

If you roll it yourself just go little at a time and remember you're "bending" your paint...

Eastwood makes that tool.
http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?...DUCT&path=1,2,503,504,514&KickerID=232&KICKER
p16482.jpg

p16482.jpg

If I had to roll them I would use the tool. I am ocd about just hacking away at a car because of being cheap.

now if you are just rubbing under cornering load I would modifiy my suspention so it does not rub.

I mean I have 10" with 285 and I never rub. what size wheel and offset are you using.

tonys5.0 said:
Curious, what's the reason for rolling fenders? Is it to keep tires from rubbing or something? :shrug:

You wanna see some $270 tires get sliced and diced...? My cousins ex boyfriend put some wide ass tires on his Camaro and the fender lips sliced them up in no time. When I put my wheel spacers on I was concerned about this and looked into doing it. I'd prefer the tool but it was too expensive to buy for a one time thing. I didn't roll my fenders and have yet to slice up my Eagle F1s with my lowered car.