Rookie center section question

This is the first time I have removed my center section from my 70 Mach 1. It is a nine inch. I removed the axles and the ten nuts around the center section. The thing does not even budge. I put a floor jack under it and lifted the whole car up. Still did not budge. Since this is my first time removing this, is there somthing I'm missing? Is there anything else I need to remove? Im about to get out the sledge but I thought I would hop on here first. Thanks for the help

• Sponsors (?)

If you have ALL the nuts off, put two back on a few threads and a drain pan under it. You will need to work an old gasket scraper, or old putty knife (you don't mind beating on) and work around it with a hammer. Sometimes they are VERY tight. Try not to use a screw driver, but if you have to use a small one, but be prepared for the tip to break off (possibly). Having someone there to help with this is a good idea. It may be tight on the studs the whole way out, and you don't want to be prying with on and and hold it with the other. Don't underestimate just how heavy that thing will be.

If the center section has never been removed before, you may have some flat copper washers under each of the nuts, and you'll need to remove those as well before you can remove the unit

Not maybe, there ARE copper crush washers holding it in place. These can be replaced with copper brake hose washers if your local Ford dealer doesn't have new ones in stock. Without these you'll get gear lube seepage around the studs.