roots or cetrifigual how much boost

• Sponsors (?)

The best bang for your buck in a Procharger. They are pretty much tops for drag racing too. If you don't plan on racing at all and would rather have the peak torque lower in the rpm range I would suggest a Whipple (Ford Racing), Saleen, or Kenny Bell twin screw. Whatever you get, make sure it's intercooled and at no more than 8 lbs boost with a canned (supplied) tune. If you plan on having the engine dyno tuned by someone that knows what the hell they are doing you could safely up the boost a few more lbs like maybe to 12. As far as reliability goes I've had zero issues with the Procharger. I would think all of the top named systems are fairly reliable. As far as canned tunes go the Whipple system seems to have the best tune available because Ford was involved in creating the tune.

i have been hearing that stock motors are breaking parts around the 450 rwhp mark.i was looking pretty hard at the procharger until i heard this and figured i should wait and see what guys running them have to say after a while.any info?

When I first put the Procharger system on it was at 8 lbs with the 3 core intercooler and the canned tune. That had the hp above 400 to the rear wheels. Never had a problem, ran great. I have since added fuel pumps, maf extender, and an 11 lb pulley. Also had Kevin MacDonald tune it on the dyno. I'm at 490 rwhp (mustang dyno). Been running great for quite some time now. I know several guys with way over 500 rwhp and one or 2 with over 600. None grenaded yet. The secret is having a quality tune by someone who knows the proper way to tune these cars. At high boost levels these engines will blow apart in the event of detonation.

I'm running a Saleen twinscrew at 10psi on the stock shortblock.

The Saleen out of the box with the Saleen tune is described by most people as a turd.

I'm running the JDM Engineering Stage II package with a 3.4" pulley and their canned tune. I haven't had it on the dyno yet but will soon.

The car on it's 3rd time at the track, 1st time on a prepared track ran 11.63 @ 123.331 with a 1.64 60' time. This is with 26x11.5 17" M/T E.T. Streets on stock rims out back and 275/40 18" street tires out front.

The car runs flawlessly with no hiccups. JDM has sold over 400 upgrade kits with 3.6, 3.4, 3.2, and 3.0 pulleys without a single engine failiure.