Roots SC + TT's

fobra559

At least it's more erect and not floppy anymore.
Nov 1, 2007
Lindsay, CA
Any of you guys read MM&FF? Under the Manhattan Project with the red cobra running it's stock Eaton with TT's? I thought that's pretty insane, I know it's probably old news about about SC and Turbos working together as seen on diesels(Compound Boost). But I thought it was pretty sweet. I think it forked out around 1108hp and 1,015tq, somewhere around there. I wish I had that kind of power, but then again I'd probably kill myself:D

• Sponsors (?)

hmm, must of had some work done to the roots charger then, because with a S/C in line with twin turbo's it'd be desirable to have the s/c putting out more boost than the turbos so that it isnt maxed out - which would require a very efficient s/c - which the roots is not.
Insta Boost!!!

hmm, must of had some work done to the roots charger then, because with a S/C in line with twin turbo's it'd be desirable to have the s/c putting out more boost than the turbos so that it isnt maxed out - which would require a very efficient s/c - which the roots is not.
Insta Boost!!!

Yeah, major work was done on the SC, basically the guys wanted superior power down low and the TT's feed the SC and the boost level was I believe around 48psi. I thought it was cool though. But yeah the roots aren't very efficient. I just got the mag in the mail, have to read the full article. The title just caught my attention and looked at just the pics:D