Rotten rubber and broken springs

MustangDuce

Nov 15, 2006
I have another question that may be popular (it may have already been talked about, but I couldn't find it). It occurred to me as I was hacking the broken springs off the back of my car last fall, and now I need the garage space so I guess it's time to put the car back together.

What are you guys doing with the rotten rubber isolators sandwiched in the spring perch? Has anyone got a slick workaround or are we all just stuck with those awful mushy things and the bent, rusty brackets and mounts that go with? There has to be a better way...

That brings to mind another Mustang II owner trait. My new pickup is sitting outside covered in road boogers and bird crap, while the II with no windows, interior, engine, paint, rear axle, etc. sits comfortably in the warm garage some how managing to hog both stalls in addition to some space in my basement. Sound familiar?

• Sponsors (?)

Get the dimensions of the rubbers and call tech support at Energy Suspension. As long as you have the diameter, you can cut them to length then have them pressed in. You may need to alter the bolt diameter on the shackels but you can get more modern materials.

Dave