Rough Idle on my engine.....(video)

• Sponsors (?)

I was thinking it could be a rocker arm but I looked and looked but nothing is loose?
The engine sounds bad on the video but it really isnt that bad its runs really smooth the only sound you hear is the knock and its a really bad knock too.

It to me sounds like its comming from the bellhousing maybe the flexplate bolts are loose?
i know its not hitting the valve covers because i ran it with out them and it was still making the noise.

the lifters are inside the motor. to replace them you have to take off the intake.

check your rocker arms first. take your valve covers off and see if any are excessively loose.

since your car has been sitting though, i'm thinking it's a lifter.

if you brake-torque it, does the rattling sound get worse? ? Also, put a vacuum gauge on it to see what its doing. If it shakes then it is most likely collapsed lifter if not it may be a wristpin (sounds like it) or a rod knock. what is your oil pressure?

if you brake-torque it, does the rattling sound get worse? ? Also, put a vacuum gauge on it to see what its doing. If it shakes then it is most likely collapsed lifter if not it may be a wristpin (sounds like it) or a rod knock. what is your oil pressure?

its makes less nosie when it gets warmed up when i brake it its still the same as it being warm.
I checked the oil and vacuum but they look fine. I will check to see if it is a lifter. there almost a 90% chance it is a lifter.

Ok well I looked and looked I saw somethings that chought my eye.

looks like one of the rockers werent getting any oil one the right side I losend the rocker and it fixed it.

another thing i noticed is that one head gets lots more oil then the other head.?
what i mean is that the right side shoots the oil out of the engine bay and the left side just drips down into the gally. is that how its suposed to be?

is the left heads rockers to tight?