Round 1 of 418 install

• Sponsors (?)

Low.....

I'm jealous as hell! As if getting my car back on the road this weekend wasn't enough motivation, you've now convinced me to spend all available cash to get my 351 build up going! Mine won't be as over the top as yours, but if I hit 400rwhp I'll be happy.

What do you plan on running for a transmission? Do you think you'll hit 500 at the wheels?

Thanks guys! Im hoping the stock T-5 will last me until winter, then I'll probably go with a Tremec 600.

Are you guys joking about the headers? lol They are 1 7/8" primaries into a 3" collector, which should be more than I need. :D

bjl95mustang said:
Just granny shift and dont take it over 3000 rpm's and you will be fine.

That's no fun! :(

I'm definitely gonna go easy on the shifting until I get rid of the T-5. No sense in spending this much money just to break it in a week by doing something stupid, like powershifting a T-5 :)

Update!! I've got all the accessories back on, and I test fit the tb and throttle cable. After lots of cutting, grinding, swearing, and beating on the throttle cable bracket, I finally got it to fit! Now I just need two 80mm tb gaskets so I can finish that part.

So what else is left? The MAF should be here tomorrow(friday), I need to extend a couple wires, and install the battery in the trunk. Oh yeah, the mufflers will be here tuesday, then Im gonna weld the exhaust up. So if all goes well, Im gonna fire it up either tuesday night or wednesday! :banana:

Here's a couple more pics. I'm gonna change the pulley's out sometime for some polished aluminum ones, but Im out of money right now and I want to get it running as soon as possible.
100_0645.JPG

100_0646.JPG

100_0647.JPG

100_0657.JPG

:cartman: No JR! That's my engine! Bad JR! :/cartman:

:D

Jinx, the intake actually has about 3/4"-1" of clearance, except for the back of the hood. If you look at the first pic, you can see where I had to cut out small square of the hood where it was hitting the intake. :mad: