Roush 427R Good deal?

AntiRice98

Dec 6, 2005
Hey guys, I'm looking at buying a 2007 Roush 427R and was wondering if this is a good deal or not. It has 76k miles (insane amount of miles for a 3 yo. car) but I can pick it up from a friend that owns a dealer for a wholesale price of 17k. Is this a good deal? Online I found the average cost of these things around 30k but with only 10-20k miles. My knowledge on mustangs is great but not with the S197's. Thanks for any input!

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guys, I'm looking at buying a 2007 Roush 427R and was wondering if this is a good deal or not. It has 76k miles (insane amount of miles for a 3 yo. car) but I can pick it up from a friend that owns a dealer for a wholesale price of 17k. Is this a good deal? Online I found the average cost of these things around 30k but with only 10-20k miles. My knowledge on mustangs is great but not with the S197's. Thanks for any input!

Wrong forum but food for thought. If you are going to buy a used mustang make sure you know who your buying it from. MANY mustangs live very hard lives. I see countless teens running them real hard (I was one of them). If you knew those miles were put on by an old man and he was doing a lot of highway trips that's one thing. If not, that could be wore out with those miles and needing alot if it's been run hard.

and that's not that good of a deal to overlook that fact

I agree, I was one of those kids also...except I also still own my first GT haha. Anyway, I'm going to make sure I know the history before I buy it. I would have to assume it's mostly highway miles just because it's so high. I know I posted in the wrong forum but this is the one I always post in (I own a 98GT). I'm going to post the same thread in the S197 forum.