Roush charger for GT 500

• Sponsors (?)

it says supporting mods may be necessary. i wonder what exactly they consider supporting mods for 700 hp. it also doe not include a tune for the 700 hp version. i like how vague they were in the press release.

bigcat said:
it says supporting mods may be necessary. i wonder what exactly they consider supporting mods for 700 hp.
Well according to this thread: http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=660228 The stock MAF was almost pegged at 4.95v on the stock tune/setup so there ain't much room to play there without modification of some sort. I would also say at a minimum you'll need fuel some system upgrades.

U.M.

i would assume that they would include some sort of maf upgrade with any of their upgrades if that is the case. as far as fuel upgrades, you would think new injectors would be included in the kit, so maybe fuel pump upgrade? fuel rails?

[quote='01 Steed]That's because they don't. :nice:

However, they did design and engineer it.[/quote]I was unaware that Roush had anything to do with the design of modular 5.4? That engine has been around for a few years now... The heads on the GT500 were lifted from the Ford GT, so what was Rouch's contribution to this whole thing?

U.M.

As a matter of fact, Roush designed the Ford GT heads also (along with the entire GT engine). As far as the GT500, they did everything above the short block, including the reduced cam drive, supercharger, intake, cam covers, fuel pump, various chassis components, air cleaner, coolant system....you name it. When you open the hood, you're looking at Roush's design efforts. ;)

Did you know that SVT does not have their own design team? Guess who does that work for them.....that's right...Roush. :)

Ask an SVTOA member that attended the 100 year anniversary here in Dearborn. If they came to the SVT engineering building, they were given a presentation by the Roush design team, the guys who design for SVT.

I didn't pull the BS card, just asked for some substantiating linkage is all because I've never heard this claim before. I did a couple Google searches and came up with nothing. Seems that if Roush was so instrumental in the design of the Ford GT engine and now the GT500 engine there would be more exposure out there. I sure know that I would be tootin' my horn if I were Roush and I had those two successful vehicles under my development belt!

U.M.

SVT is just a badge, it doesn't really represent a crack team of engineers. It's more of a symbol representing a "team" of dedicated Ford resources, engineering, marketing, styling, planning, etc... that worked in concert to make these niche vehicles happen.

The engineering backbone for SVT was SVE, headed by John Coletti. Knowing the huge timelines that new models follow, Coletti probably had a huge hand in the decision-making on the GT500 prior to his stepping down, with the car largely "done" and only testing and refinement and production-tooling/processes remaining to be completed.

The SVE skunkworks under Coletti was located within the Danou Tech Center, space that was shared with Roush, where a ton of drivetrain development, and research, and testing, took place. I have no idea what the relationship is currently, but it's no mystery that SVE and Roush had a very close working relationship. Realize that Jack Roush is involved in MANY areas, some more public than others. He does alot of O.E. outsourced engineering and testing, which as zero-to-little relationship to Roush vehicles, or racing ventures, etc..

I wouldn't be surprised if Roush did alot of the hardcore engineering on the Ford GT driveline, per SVE's directives and oversight. But I'm speculating, it would just make sense though, given the fact they shared that large space together, and worked in concert with each other.

To say that Roush engineered it et al may be giving them a bit too much credit. I think it would be more likely that SVE was the architect, and Roush was the team of "architectural drawers and designers" that worked for and answered to the architect.

All of the heavy engineering and testing documents I've ever seen for the Ford GT were generated by Roush, but that's driveline ONLY.

Saleen was more involved in paint/assembly, with final assembly taking place by Ford at Wixom..