Roush Exhaust Drone Noise

Bieseldiesel

Jan 30, 2012
Well after months of thinking and researching on the internet, I finally decided to purchase the Roush Axle Back exhaust system. They were a good price and NO in cockpit drone or boom.

I installed them Saturday night and they did sound good. Sunday morning took the car to church and literally the wife and I could not hold a conversation due to the drone noise inside. The only way I could get the noise to subside is to take my foot of the gas. Get a little relief and then get up to speed again. I am very disapointed in them.

Anyone else experience this? Any solutions or anything that might be done?

Thanks,

2012 Mustang V6

• Sponsors (?)

I have them on my 5.0, and compared to my other cars- these are very quiet. In 6th gear on the highway, even with 3.73 gears I can't hear them at all.

They are a bit loud when you get on the gas- but that's to be expected. That's also why I got exhaust in the first place.

They are a straight through design, like a glasspack. If you want something even quieter, maybe try the Ford GT500 axlebacks, or Magnaflow. Most systems are going to be even louder than the Roush though.

I have them on my 5.0, and compared to my other cars- these are very quiet. In 6th gear on the highway, even with 3.73 gears I can't hear them at all.

They are a bit loud when you get on the gas- but that's to be expected. That's also why I got exhaust in the first place.

Exactly my experience with them. Only time they're loud is when I'm stepping on it. No drone at all.

just out of curiousity how much did they roushe axle backs set you back. I keep tossing around the idea of a new exhaust but haven't jumped on anything yet, since my wife and I are doing home improvements at the time. New cabinets and granite countertops set the extra $$$ flow back a little bit

just out of curiousity how much did they roushe axle backs set you back. I keep tossing around the idea of a new exhaust but haven't jumped on anything yet, since my wife and I are doing home improvements at the time. New cabinets and granite countertops set the extra $$$ flow back a little bit

I think I gave $349 shipped for mine (its been a year ago). CJ's had them on sale, but was out of stock. Jegs does price matching, so I called them and got it for the price CJ's advertised.

I hear ya about the home improvements... my wife wanted me gut one of our spare bedrooms and turned it into an exercise room; rubber floor, tv on the wall, 8 foot long mirrors, paint... nothing is cheap! Now she wants to repaint/carpet the living room. :notnice:

I think I gave $349 shipped for mine (its been a year ago). CJ's had them on sale, but was out of stock. Jegs does price matching, so I called them and got it for the price CJ's advertised.

I hear ya about the home improvements... my wife wanted me gut one of our spare bedrooms and turned it into an exercise room; rubber floor, tv on the wall, 8 foot long mirrors, paint... nothing is cheap! Now she wants to repaint/carpet the living room. :notnice:

Yeah, but I can't complain...I'm actually looking forward to seeing the kitchen finished. Get rid of those partical board cabinets and laminate countertops that were put in the house and actually make it look good. Mainly because we don't know if we're going to keep it, or sell it, and I know the kitchen is one of the things that will make a person think twice

Reactions: 1 user