ruh roh

parchisi

Apr 13, 2006
New Mexico
Well, just got back after about a month overseas, started up the car and gave her a little workout.

Now, when I let her idle, there's white smoke coming out of the right tailpipe kinda intermittently, there's a fuel smell with no visable leaks anywhere, and I noticed that the coolant was overflowing and coming out of the radiator cap and overflow tank, but the radiator and cap were cool to the touch. What's all ya'all's diagnosis?

Its starting to seem like if its not one thing, its another. Oh well, I'm just happy to be driving such a sweet car. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

ughh...HG. How much HP are you running now ? Is it more than your sig with that turbo? MAybe go to a better quality HG? Could the heads possibly be slightly warped? I hope not but just some ideas.

Wonderful. if most of the white smoke is coming out of the right tailpipe, can I assume that its the passenger side cylinder bank and just replace that one?

Yes and no. If you have time, we need to figure out what is causing it so yo u dont have to keep going thru it over and over. Anytime this happens, you have to make sure the heads are not warped. Wow, I see your sig but I thought you had made some other changes. 11:1...hm...if you could get that down it may help. What about smaller cam? One of the other guys here also put in a spacer or something along those lines in the heads? I know that is not the exact word for it but something along those lines to lower compression.

Oh, also Inter-cool it! :)

I'm pretty sure that the compression is 9.5-10:1, not 11. Anyways, I guess I can do a compression check to see where it is. I may also consider just doing both sides, and getting some thicker cometic headgaskets in order to lower the compression a tid bit. yes, I'llalso check the heads for warpage.

I'd like to intercool, but there's that $$$ problem right now.

Does the coolant smell like gas? I just popped a head gasket (#3 cyl) and did some damage to my heads. I did a coolant pressure test and it was loosing pressure quickly but I didn't see any leaks so I knew it was internal, either a head or intake gasket.

Drain the oil and see if coolant comes pouring out.