runing the 1/8th mile sunday

AquaTeen2004

Nov 12, 2005
Georgia
mods are steeda UDPs and slp loudmouths and i still have the stock 3.31s. other mods in sig are yet to be instaled. what should i expect to run? what would a 13 sec run in the 1/4 be in the 1/8th? get what im asking?:shrug:
ohh yeah....wish me luck ill need it!

• Sponsors (?)

It will be easier for me to post my data sheet from my 1/4 mile runs. There you can see 1/8th mile times/speeds and the resulting 1/4 mile times/speeds. The only difference between my car at the track compared to now(see sig for mods)is I was running 100% stock suspension with the OEM 18" BFGs. The September set of track #s, I took about 190 lbs out of the car and ran with the same exact mods.

MyMustangTimes.jpg

Good luck and most of all have fun and practice, practice, practice!

My 01 GT with dual cutouts ran 9.30s at best in cold weather. I have never seen a near stock S197 run anything in the 8s.

With intake, tune, cmdp's, and off-road h my 1/8 times were 8.7 - 8.9. This was with crappy 2.1 60's. I see no reason why with some practice and great launches, it couldn't be done.

i have O/R H, flows, UDPs, CAI/canned tune, stock 17" tires and ran 8.63 @83.74 with a 2.05 sixty footer. these were with lowering springs and LCA, no brackets or UCA. before the LCAs i was in the 2.12-2.20 sixty foot range and high 8s.

practice helps more than mods.

I run 8.4's and 8.5's all day with my 07 GT Automatic Coupe in the 1/8 mile. MPH is 80-82 mph, depending on weather. 1/4 mile is typically in the 13.3's and 13.4's at 101-102 mph.

Car has 4.10 gears, 4300 rpm stall converter, DiabloSport Tuner, and drag radials. That's it. 60' times on the sticky tires are in the 1.8's all day long. I've recently added a JLT CAI, but haven't been back to the track to see what improvement (if any) it offers over the stock airbox.