Running 2 wideband O2 sensors

YELLOW 94

Founding Member
Nov 19, 1999
Rio Rancho NM
Does anyone run 2 wideband O2 sensors one for the left and right bank.. I know it pricey but does any one do it. Or do you guys feel you get enough info from one O2 sensor. I need to order one and in the process of figuring out which one to order, it a nightmare determining which one to buy.

later
Orlie

• Sponsors (?)

Does anyone run 2 wideband O2 sensors one for the left and right bank.. I know it pricey but does any one do it. Or do you guys feel you get enough info from one O2 sensor. I need to order one and in the process of figuring out which one to order, it a nightmare determining which one to buy.

later
Orlie

IMHO, if you don't have the means to tune each bank individually…it's money better spent elsewhere. Just throw a single in the known lean bank (drivers side) and go from there.

if your looking for a good sensor i recomend the AEM UEGO i have had mine for over a year and its been nothing short of great. I also know 2 other people with these installed on a eclipse gsx and a twin turbo 350z and no problems with theres also!:D :nice: good luck.....btw i run one sensor in the drivers bank:nice:

Hi Orlie :D

I'd be happy to share my findings about your Q :nice:

I use a Tweecer to tune and my method of looking at the mix
is I got a bung in each header collector which obviouisly gives me
the ability to see each side :)

I've switched back and forth several times ........

And ... to tell you the truth .............

I've never seen enough of a difference to speak about it myself :shrug:

Grady

Hi Orlie :D

I'd be happy to share my findings about your Q :nice:

I use a Tweecer to tune and my method of looking at the mix
is I got a bung in each header collector which obviouisly gives me
the ability to see each side :)

I've switched back and forth several times ........

And ... to tell you the truth .............

I've never seen enough of a difference to speak about it myself :shrug:

Grady

Thats the info I was looking for. I was considering using two wide bands but that set up you have is a great idea.

later
Orlie

final5-0 has the best setup for the price conscience buyer and I would recommend it as well if all you are doing is tweaking your setup. If you install new engine management software and/or systems which require wideband information I would recommend a dual setup. But that's pretty much the only instance you'll ever need it.

Just a little more detail to my above info :)

I do have the ability to datalog with the Tweecer and I would like to point out
that I've seen very little difference in either bank under ALL conditions or ......

no matter if cruising around town or WOT

Two sensors are in no way a must have kinda deal

Of course ... with my method ...............

You gotta manually switch the sensor to datalog the other bank :shrug:

Grady

Just a little more detail to my above info :)

There is all the difference in the world between data-logging and real-time tuning. Hence, if all you are doing is tweaking your engine there is no need for two. :notnice: If, on the other hand, you have the necessary equipment which can tune banks individually and you have the desire/need to get that advanced, I would recommend two. :nice:

If you plan on cruising around town and racing between stoplights, you don't need two.

And as Grady so graciously informed us, there is normally a negligible difference between the banks.

:shrug: