running lean!

i have a 1989 mustang 5.0. the car is runnig lean for some wierd reason. it runs so lean that my air/fuel ratio gauge wont even read it. it only reads it when the car is warming up the morning, but when the engine temp. goes to 180 degrees, it wont read or run really lean. i have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, which is set at 32-33 psi, w/o the vacuum line hooked up. i also have a 190 lph fuel pump. i do have the stock 19 # injectors. i was wondering if there is any way of making the car run richer w/o going to the 24# injectors? thanks a bunch guys!

• Sponsors (?)

first off, do you *know* the a/f guage is functioning properly?

if yes, read on:

i noticed you said you were running an afpr with pressure set at ~33lbs. vacuum off. if i'm not mistaken stock/near stock stangs usually run around 38lbs. vacuum off. i'd check that out too.

-steve

sleeper89 said:
first off, do you *know* the a/f guage is functioning properly?

if yes, read on:

i noticed you said you were running an afpr with pressure set at ~33lbs. vacuum off. if i'm not mistaken stock/near stock stangs usually run around 38lbs. vacuum off. i'd check that out too.

-steve
that is waht it runs on idle. 33 psi. thanks~

currently the gauge works fine. for the most part. it only runs lean when the car warms up. the wire is currentl hooked up to the left bank. the instructions told me to put the signal wire on the o2 sensor. but i dunno, shouldnt it read both banks. bothe left and right? or do i need another gauge for the right bank?