Running Rough

SoFlStang

May 22, 2013
I am going to go through JRichkters post on poor idling when I get home from work today. Until then, I thought I would run it by everyone.

Yesterday car was idling and running fine. I began work on the blower motor and a/c controls for my upcoming install. The plugs for the vacuum lines inside the car and the plugs for the blower motor and blower motor resistor were all unplugged. I got everything back together, except the vacuum line from the engine bay to the controls, which is capped as it has been since I got the car. So I made no changes in the engine bay. This morning I go to start the car, and its idling rough. Try to drive it, put it in first and release the clutch and it stalls, most likely from the low idle. Get it back in front of the house by giving it alot of gas and matching it with the clutch.

So my question is, anything you can think of that would relate the idle issue with the work I did yesterday? Going to unplug it all tonight and see what happens and also try what JRichters post on the idle. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Hey how did you figure out the vacuum hoses under the dash?
I need to take my dash apart and make sure that I have all those hoses right and I was wondering if there was a diagram out there

Do you mean the A/C vacuum lines behind the dash? If so, see below. If you mean any other lines that may be behind the dash, I didn't mess with anything else. The lines for the EGR were in the engine bay, and I guess I pinched one when I was looking around the evaporator lines.

Here is a diagram I found on this site and veryuseful.com

Mustang_AC_heat_vacuum_controls.gif

The yellow line comes from the control and attaches to a vacuum motor that can be seen by looking up from the floorboard above the accelerator pedal. The red, blue, white and black lines come from the back of the controls and attach to a connector. From the connector the red and blue lines attach to a vacuum motor to the left of the center windshield defroster. The white line attaches to a vacuum motor behind the glove box. The black line runs through the fire wall where the evaporator lines run through. The yellow line is fairly short, and is alot easier to connect when the controls are bolted into place. Hope that helps, if not, maybe I can find some pics.

If you are looking for general vacuum diagram, I found these, also on veryuseful.com

88Stang5.0Vacuum.gif

and...

mustangFoxFordVacuumDiagram.jpg

again, these are from veryuseful.com

Last edited: