RUSTY Rear Axle on the New Mustang GAG!

Discussion in '2010 - 2014 Specific Tech' started by Stangar, Dec 30, 2009.

1. pesj

pesj New Member

SO, you are saying the rust is ok? The fact that other cars, cheaper cars, other muscle cars don't have rust is not a factor? When does it not become ok? Where do "cheap parts" stop becoming ok? What if other parts of the car are cheaply manufactured?

I've never been a fan of mediocrity, and because I paid for this car and wasn't given it, I care that the underside looks like a s h i t sandwich.

2. allcarfan

allcarfan The Answer Man
    Founding Member

Me thinks that some of you need to read up on surface rust. Unless you are showing your car and have mirrors under it. This will cause no problems whatsoever.

3. fivepointNO

Founding Member

Ahhh... There we go...

Some here are acting like this is "major rust" when in fact, it really isn't.

I get it though... It should look nice. I also know where to by a can of primer and paint and I know the undercarriage can be treated...

Just seems some are allowing this to be a much bigger deal than it is. I'd be far more concerned with nearly any part of the car before the axle housing became a concern. Aside from the block itself, this is undoubtedly the strongest, longest lasting part of the entire vehicle, rusty or not.

4. billfisher

billfisher Active Member

hmm i guess i dont really care.