?'s about my air intake.

Hey guys, Happy New Year.

I have a BBK Cold Air Intake currently installed in my 2000 GT. I know it does nothing for power and the reason why I have it on is because I like the way it looks under the hood. Bling Bling. My question to you is - Is it possible to attach a K&N Filter right at the MAF meter & eliminate that 90 degree bend that goes into the fenderwell. I think the bend is restricting my air flow. I think I'll gain a few horses if I have an open filter attached right to my MAF meter & not hidden in the fenderwell. Wouldn't I need an adapter. Where can I get one? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I thought about doing that but you probably won't gain much as you'll be sucking in hot air. If you wanna try it, just jerry rig one with some electrical tape :p

00BlackBeautyGT said:
Hey guys, Happy New Year.

I have a BBK Cold Air Intake currently installed in my 2000 GT. I know it does nothing for power and the reason why I have it on is because I like the way it looks under the hood. Bling Bling. My question to you is - Is it possible to attach a K&N Filter right at the MAF meter & eliminate that 90 degree bend that goes into the fenderwell. I think the bend is restricting my air flow. I think I'll gain a few horses if I have an open filter attached right to my MAF meter & not hidden in the fenderwell. Wouldn't I need an adapter. Where can I get one? Thanks.

This is what you will need.
http://www.teamjdm.com/id89.htm

...or just get a Pro-M 80 with a UPR Bigmouth filter. It's made for it.

PRO_M_AIR_MED.gif