S/C 04 Mach 1 Advice

Mach428

Dec 7, 2003
Hey everyone, I haven't been on Stangnet in a while and I kinda droped off the edge of the Mustang World. I However have been thinking of a magnificent Idea This kit http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/products/yourcar/03-04mustang_mach1.html In my 2004 Mach 1. I figured the best starting point to learn would be right here in Stangnet. I'm looking for any opinions on the kit shuch as, is it worth it, has anyone else done it, what parts would you change in order to acomodate it, where would you have it installed and tuned, What suspention would you use? Would you recomend a fprged piston set? Is the compression to high? Anything anyone can think of I want to hear it. What better way to learn then pool everyones ideas into a tread.....

• Sponsors (?)

Link isn't working.

But overall bolting on a supercharger (especially a Vortech) is one of the best bang for buck mods out there.

As long as you get a nice safe tune (A/F in check) you'll be fine. Just leave everything as it is, and you won't run into to many problems. No reason to get Forged internals as long as you stay out of the RPMs enough and not pushing more boost ... introducing more stress and a shorter life.

I'd be a little more careful- the compression is up there on the Mach's motor. If you wanna go worry free then you'll want forged rods and and forged dished pistions to drop the compression down some $$. You can talk to some more guys who have tried various setups at the mach 1 registry