S.C.U.M. "For Life" Innaugural Run- Aug 7th

SonicBlue2v03GT said:
Hope you guys all have fun tomorrow.
Looks like they need a wedding singer after all :jester:

wedding_singer.jpg

S.C.U.M. fo lyfe YO!

TOO FUNNY!

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guys, that was fun, especially where we had some open road in front of us. Too bad we got held up at the end on 5. I had to pick my son up at 2 from the paintball course on Pendleton so couldn't stay with you at the rest stop. Sorry I couldn't make the BBQ, but the wife and I had a nice "date". Maybe next time.

And Beau, do you have a store in downtown San Diego? I'd like to get a couple of Monte Cristo's. Better yet I'll be in Del Mar on Monday around 5. What time does your store close? Is it right next to Bullys?

John, no I don't have any stores in downtown, sorry. My 2 shops are in Del Mar and Pacific Beach. I mainly work at the Del Mar store, BUT monday is my day off. I won't be there, however I'll be there tuseday-sunday next week and I will be working tomorrow.

Guys, I had an AWESOME time with you all, as usual. Bill cooks great food and Jason sure as hell knows how to put these things together. I hope all the pics come out well too! I want to drive Ken's car sooooooo bad..hopefully I can bribe him into letting me behind the wheel :D Too bad John and Scott couldn't make it to the beach/bbq, as well as Pierre and the rest of the guys for the cruise. Hopefully we can do something later this month or early next month and get all the guys together (except Jason :() But I guess since there's so much to do in Delaware, its hard to resist. :)

:flag:

1990StangLX said:
its ok bill, when i tried to do a burnout i got the dreaded wheelhop :(

I could have spun those things into a smoking rubber glob!
But, when I started to get sideway's, I was affraid of spitting gravel at those pretty paint jobs so I let off.

I know, alway's thinking of others.

I just removed my blower and boxed it up to send out to get all four bearings replaced :(
It's going to be tough driving around without that extra 80hp for a week.
They have been getting louder and louder and I'm sure the added resistance is robbing some hp.
plus, I've got a smaller pulley coming so I want to start off with a fresh set up :nice:

1990StangLX said:
are you going to get it retuned?

Diamonds Are Forever

No, I never have. remember, my air/fuel ratio was right on at JBA that day. A couple of more lbs of boost is nothing to the 5.0 EEC. and because I have the boost sensitive FMU AND timming retard, it all works out.
I'm going to get some AFR heads one of these day's and THEN I'll get a custom tune, bigger injectors and bail on the FMU.

Oh, and thanks for the "diamonds" link.

L8 MUSL said:
No, I never have. remember, my air/fuel ratio was right on at JBA that day. A couple of more lbs of boost is nothing to the 5.0 EEC. and because I have the boost sensitive FMU AND timming retard, it all works out.
I'm going to get some AFR heads one of these day's and THEN I'll get a custom tune, bigger injectors and bail on the FMU.

Oh, and thanks for the "diamonds" link.
Ohh true, I'd forgotten that..I guess then you'll crack the 300 rwhp barrier pretty soon here? :D

and I'm glad you liked the diamonds :)

1990StangLX said:
Ohh true, I'd forgotten that..I guess then you'll crack the 300 rwhp barrier pretty soon here?

Yeah, on that dyno run I was only seeing 6psi of boost and I had a 9psi pulley on there! So, I think the bad bearings were holding it back and robbing hp to spin the thing.
After the new bearings and the new pulley, I should see 10psi of boost.
That SHOULD put me in the 330rwhp range. :nice: