S2000 vs Mustang

• Sponsors (?)

DropTopPony said:
How about a Mazda Miata for your mom....its just as fun as the S2000...has some power...handles great and is like 10,000 dollars cheaper.

She test drove both and liked the S2000 alot better. The miata doesn't have a power top, doesn't come in yellow, and wasn't that much cheaper. They got a good deal on the S2000 they got it for 31k wich was like 4k off the sticker price. The dealership is trading in the red one they had on the lot to get her a yellow one, so she should get it in a couple days! I will post some pics up when we get it!

02GTdroptop said:
Think they're of the same quality?? Honda > Mazda when it comes to quality.

+1.. I am not a mazda fan at all.. I doubt you will find any smart ford techs that are mazda fans.. every car they get involed in with ford is awfull.

funny part is the worse fords are the ones they built with other companies. mostly mazda and one nissan ( villager)

gtstangau said:
She test drove both and liked the S2000 alot better. The miata doesn't have a power top, doesn't come in yellow, and wasn't that much cheaper. They got a good deal on the S2000 they got it for 31k wich was like 4k off the sticker price. The dealership is trading in the red one they had on the lot to get her a yellow one, so she should get it in a couple days! I will post some pics up when we get it!
31K is a good deal! They start at 35K here and usually sell for more than sticker because of the demand.
People love those 2 seat verts...any that we get in on trades are usually gone in 2-3 days after being detailed.

Those Honda S2000's are pretty weak down low they really make alot of their power in the high rpm's.They are very dependable though and you shouldn't have
problems with them mechanicly.They are very small
and fit two mid sized people.The 1/4 mile times are low
to mid 14's.I understand that your mom is looking for a
convertible car but, you should tell her to go and test drive the new Subaru WRX's.They are great cars all around and how know's she mite like them?

DropTopPony said:
31K is a good deal! They start at 35K here and usually sell for more than sticker because of the demand.
People love those 2 seat verts...any that we get in on trades are usually gone in 2-3 days after being detailed.

Yeah thats what the salesman said, they had just got that one in the day before, it still had all the plastic on it!

GT v S2000

A good friend has a stock S2000 (2L). We have raced over twenty times on the local track before it closed. My stock 04GT 5-spd always wins by .3-.4.

The S2000 is a real nice car though it is made for seriously skinny people.

New Pics!!!!

We finally got the car today, the yellow was a great choice that thing looks awesome up close! I still haven't goten to drive it though.

IMG_1282.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1284.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1282.jpg
    IMG_1282.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1276.jpg
    IMG_1276.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1280.jpg