s281 wing FINALLY on! Pics and Problems...

First off i'd like to say that everyone who told me that the s281 wing would fit like crap was correct. this is the second wing i have tried to get prepped (5 body shops refused to work on the first one i received).

This second wing actually was not pitted and cracked like the first. So i take it in and it gets prepped, installed and painted...but when the shop goes to unmask the trunk where they painted, they peel off a few decent sized chunks of my trunklid paint. :bang: :bang: so at least im happy the wing is installed, BUT then i notice it doesnt even sit flat ok trunk lid, and one sid is nearly 1 and 1/2 inches higher than the other side. :fuss: then one of the sides decides to start lifting up...

So i take the car in AGAIn to get the trunk repainted and tell them the wing looks like hell and they repainted the trunk at a cost to me ( because it wasnt them, it was fords crappy paint that should be covered under warranty.. HAHa bastards) :nonono: so as long as im spending some money again for the trunk, i tell them to re install the wing and make it fit right...

FInally it looks awesome now....but it cost in total $750 :eek:....to prep, install, and paint the wing (and repaint my trunk) :mad:

i am however very pleased with the new look of the car and it was definately worth the hassle and money. Waxed it and took some pics...

BEFORE: :nonono:

IMG_2536.jpg

(is that not the ugliest thing you have ever seen? i dont even know who this guy is my friend brought him over and unfortunately he wasnt very sober) :rlaugh:

Paint Peeled off :mad:

IMG_3558.jpg

AFTER:

RearEnd-1.jpg

wax-1.jpg

IMG_3594.jpg

the wax job :D

IMG_3600.jpg

RearEnd.jpg

IMG_3774.jpg

and my 2 favorite pics....

curvesframed.jpg

IMG_3754.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2536.jpg
    IMG_2536.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_3558.jpg
    IMG_3558.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 97
  • RearEnd-1.jpg
    RearEnd-1.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 98
  • wax-1.jpg
    wax-1.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_3594.jpg
    IMG_3594.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3600.jpg
    IMG_3600.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 88
  • RearEnd.jpg
    RearEnd.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_3774.jpg
    IMG_3774.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 111
  • curvesframed.jpg
    curvesframed.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_3754.jpg
    IMG_3754.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 87
  • Sponsors (?)

96_SVT_VeNoM said:
Holy crap you live in san jose... where the hell where you when you took those pics??? i dont remember that area being so nice.
lol i actually go to school at Santa Clara University in the San Jose area, but i live in Pebble Beach (my home town) during the summer :D

thanks for all the compliments guys. im really pleased with the way it looks now.

Looks awesome! :nice: I've already ordered the S281 wing last weekend. It should arrive this Friday.

Saleen parts seem to be a hit or miss kinda thing. Some ppl have little to no trouble while others go through holy hell to get it right. But in the end, they usually turn out for the best. I'm knocking on wood right now.