S95 Into New Edge?

EI_03 GT

Jan 17, 2010
Hey all I was thinking about doing something different and swapping a OHV engine. I am reaching out the 94-95 guys.I know we have the same amount of space available in the engine compartment so what is the biggest block you have fit in there and been able to run LT headers?

Was looking to run a 351 based engine in there that little compartment. Will it fit in fine? Talking about height as well as width. Not to savvy on custom fabrication work.

I was thinking of going with a engine harness from a 94-95 to get the bay together and grab some motor mounts as well from that body style.

Anyone know of people that have already done such a swap?

Reason I am looking to this direction is because as I said i want something different as well as want to get a nasty little NA DD. Best way I can think of that is go this route.

Any help would be appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

A 351w is small dimensionally, when compared to the much wider mod motor. Respectively, a DOHC 4.6 is actually almost as wide as the gigantic BOSS 429, and that engine bay will accommodate the former w/ no problem.

So as far as fitment is concerned, go ahead and throw that tiny 351w in there, that huge engine bay can handle it.

Technically the SN95 chassis is 94-04, so a new Edge is an SN95.

What that said, I think the 4.6L is much more capable vs swapping in a 351, unless heavily modified. However, i'm pretty sure you could get a 460 into the engine bay. Hood closing, unsure