Sad day...DMAN302=Sold :(

DMAN302

My mom says thanks for the pearl necklace.
Nov 8, 2003
windsor, Canada
Well after a few weeks of discussion guy came down to see the car yesterday. Seemed pretty big eyed by the car...reminded me of when I first bought it, he was very, very pleased I think with it over all. Anyhow she leaves by trailer monday and I'm pretty glad/happy/sad it's all over.

Good news is Dman302 part 2 is here and UPS guys is already fairly buisy!!
borrowed pic but same car....
photodisplay.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

yes it was, but it didn't fit my lifestyle any more...became garage art more than anything. CS is a better fit simply because it's more family friendly...and best of all work flips the bill for it. First mods came wednesday....I'm antibling this time around :)
ford_match.jpg

Frankie..by family friendly I just mean that the wife can drive it as well, and yeah the baby seat fits nice back there, Zach loves that car. The 88 was AWESOME but wife hated it and I never had time for it...in the end, a man can only have so many toys!! between the new stang and my crotch rocket I don't think I'll miss her all THAT much, but yes I do already miss her even though she's just inside the garage. That car was just amaizing in my opinion and the new owner is a lucky guy. 8yrs and I appreciate every one of them I had it.

dyno session video by dman302 - Photobucket

fontone.jpg

permamedia4-1.jpg

graffic1.jpg

hoodwrecker.jpg

permamedia14.jpg

permamedia1.jpg

fontone.jpg

permamedia19.jpg

102_8253.jpg

Frankie..by family friendly I just mean that the wife can drive it as well, and yeah the baby seat fits nice back there, Zach loves that car. The 88 was AWESOME but wife hated it and I never had time for it...in the end, a man can only have so many toys!! between the new stang and my crotch rocket I don't think I'll miss her all THAT much, but yes I do already miss her even though she's just inside the garage. That car was just amaizing in my opinion and the new owner is a lucky guy. 8yrs and I appreciate every one of them I had it.

dyno session video by dman302 - Photobucket

fontone.jpg

permamedia4-1.jpg

graffic1.jpg

hoodwrecker.jpg

permamedia14.jpg

permamedia1.jpg

fontone.jpg

permamedia19.jpg

102_8253.jpg

:drool:@video.

Pics are not showing up though. :scratch:

Pics show up for me. That sucks just like the last time you tried to sell it but changed your mind, but now moreso because you actually did it :rant:

The new car is nice though I'd rather have the Fox. You have another DD anyway, don't you? If work is paying for it, then awesome choice. Free new Stang - can't beat that!

Yeah Dave I've got the Freestyle we bought last year, great vehicle, comfortable, and chuck full of features...but still a minivan :(
100_7203.jpg

The GT is unlike any mustang I've had before...it's got a 1st class ride combined with a bit of attitude connected to the throttle. This thing is light years ahead of my old 2004 GT vert in ride and attitude, as of right now when I'm driving the GT I don't miss the 88 at all...but that's 'right now'...later I'll be one of those "I used to have such a great stang, wish I didn't sell it" guys most likely. :)

Sheesh, way to make the guy feel crappy for selling his stang.

It's easy for someone else to say that some car is great, etc etc, but sometimes people just need new projects or cars that are just as fun to drive but are not projects (get in and go, no breakdowns, etc). It sounds like this car can see some DD'ing and the elements - something your fox could not (or you didnt want it to).

Derek, enjoy the new ride and enthusiasm that comes with a new set of wheels. :nice:

If you talk to the new owner of Derekinator I, see if he will join the forum and let people know how the car is doing. :) I really like a lot of foxes on here, but yours and Dave's really got to me. :nice:

Long time no speak my friend...thanks for all your written kindness. You should know that most every time I needed assistance for a problem with the car you were one of the first people I would seek out. You've been a great help over the last bunch of years.

It doesn't really matter what others say....they're all welcome to opinions, they're good people....but like the case so often is, everyone has different opinions. I built the 88 over 8yrs as a garage hobby...that's what I enjoy, but eventually comes a time when the only projects left are so expensive and big that there not feasable or interesting for me to do at this time in my life. The project is over, I had a hell of a good time building it but not it's time to do something else. The extra cash will get banked, spent on rediculously fun stiff for my boy, and yes put towards some mods on the new car.

In this economy I feel fortunate I was able to sell the car and not loose my shirt..new owner has an amaizing little ride for himself (accompanied by one hell of a steep mustang learning curve)...everyone's happy and I can move on.

Thanks for all the kind thoughts guys...still be around here, don't find much long term excitement in the s197 section...so I'll still be here.