Sad day for me..

Cobain03

Aug 27, 2003
Lexington, Ky
febuary 2004. i baught my 65 mustang and was gonna go to school with it. hopeing to have the coolest,meanest car ever. today, a blue 66 rolls in with a 289 and pony interior and i learned one of my friends baught a fastback (200ci tho)

now, i guess i have competition eh? as far as i know the 66 is stock with single exhaust, orginal hubcaps,,hmm what to do..how about,my car shall overcome and become the raunchyest car ever. gettin rims this week and gonna buy some headers and maybe some flowmasters..

you all like me? want to be the best? ha ha

• Sponsors (?)

Cobain03 said:
i was actually goign to go up to the guy with the 66 and tell em to spin the tire..ha ha since i know good and well stock 289s cant since i couldnt..jsut to kinda make fun or so..im mean

Actually I could in my stock 289 in my 65 coupe with no problem. You just have to know how to do it correctly. BTW you should be nice to your fellow stangers, save the harping for those bowties ;)

true, there is a ugly chevell at school, just ugly with a spoiler ha ha. hmm there are couple of v6 stangs and one gt (riced out with body kit,spoiler,altezzas, neons, the works..) so as long as im up there in the ranks i'll be alright...dad said no headers till this winter or spring comin up cause my lack of a job right now : ( oh well i get my license in december then its on! lol

Even I can spin tires in my tired 200. Sure it was raining... but I take my breaks where I can. :D

Cobain03 said:
you all like me? want to be the best? ha ha
I didn't get my car for the "look at me" factor. I got it because I enjoy cars. I didn't care what other people thought.

When I drove mine to school it was vintage burgundy with orange front fenders and a smashed right quarter. People would always say "Get it painted" to which I would reply "How much money are you going to give me?"
I saved and got it painted... then they would say "Get some rims" to which I would reply "Go F yourself, I like my moon hubs" :D

oboebrian said:
BTW you should be nice to your fellow stangers, save the harping for those bowties
You should be nice to all car enthusiasts, unless they show ill will towards you. Then you can do whatever.

Penguin said:
I didn't get my car for the "look at me" factor. I got it because I enjoy cars. I didn't care what other people thought.

When I drove mine to school it was vintage burgundy with orange front fenders and a smashed right quarter. People would always say "Get it painted" to which I would reply "How much money are you going to give me?"
I saved and got it painted... then they would say "Get some rims" to which I would reply "Go F yourself, I like my moon hubs" :D

Amen brotha! When I had my 67 in high school, it was primer red with a 302 from a granada that smoked on start up. I got tons of compliments followed by "When are you going to paint it?" I'd always shoot back with "You gonna give me the green to paint it?"

Then it was called the Rustang because it was "rust colored" or as the duplicolor can states "Ruddy Brown". Oh well. Wish I had some pics of it but can't find them anymore. I was on here back in 98 when the site first came up and had some pics in the corral or whatever it was called but can't find that feature anywhere. :bang:

Cobain03 said:
i was actually goign to go up to the guy with the 66 and tell em to spin the tire..ha ha since i know good and well stock 289s cant since i couldnt..jsut to kinda make fun or so..im mean

amatures :D

next time you back outa a parking stall keep rolling backwards put it in drive and hit it good, damn near anything will spin the tires this way, if you got a manual trannie all the better....

I will mention this is kinda hard on a vehicle....

-gbm-

Wanna have even more fun spinning the tires?
Take a cup of water with some liquid dish washing detergent in it,, about 4 good squirts . Pour it in front of your drive tire(s) very discreetly, then nail it. You can make gobs of smoke and still have a little tread left.. :D
Hey,, is it liquid detergent or bleach? I know its one or the other. :shrug:

Bleach will produce more smoke.

When I first got my car the engine smoked pretty bad. Especially when I got on it. But it was still able to beat my buddie's 66 Chevelle. Of course later on he found out what he thought was a 327 was really a 283. Oh, and I could smoke the tires at will. Even with a two barrel on it.

I remember back in High School (1970's!) there were four of us with Mustangs. We all parked on the back row, with the other Hot Rods, usually together. We didn't care who'se was best, we just were proud of having our 'Stangs.

Pffffttt, tire smokin'???? :rolleyes: Didn't have a Mustang; but, with some judicious power-braking, the 429 in my Pop's '71 LTD could make everything from the doors to the back bumper disappear! :D And, with a "granny-grinder" truck four speed and 4.10's in both chunks; the old '70 390 could make the whole F100 4x4 disappear :nice: (as well as about half the tread on fairly new Armstrong Tru-Tracs :notnice: )

Notice, I was talkin' about burnouts with (A) a four door luxo-barge with whitewalls and full wheel covers, and (B) a truck that looked like it just rolled off the farm! Burnouts just aren't that impressive when you realize you were doing that much with not what you'd call "hot rods". :lol:

Still Dreamin'