Sad Day For The 66

Clutch pedal went out in traffic. Thankfully not on interstate. Likely needs new clutch. Will get Centerforce I think. Just glad car didn't get hurt. I stood at the back like a road cone.

Attachments

• 20150912_174842.jpg
    20150912_174842.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 212
  • Sponsors (?)

I had the rod between the z bar and the fork break while setting at a stop light in My old 69 CJ .i had to stomp the break to keep it from taking of. It died ,and when the light turned green i hit the starter and it fired up and i drove it home very slowly .I was lucky it was the only stop light before home .Believe it or not ,it shifted better with out the clutch than with it .

I had the rod between the z bar and the fork break while setting at a stop light in My old 69 CJ .i had to stomp the break to keep it from taking of. It died ,and when the light turned green i hit the starter and it fired up and i drove it home very slowly .I was lucky it was the only stop light before home .Believe it or not ,it shifted better with out the clutch than with it .
Yes, well it's mechanical so it'll get fixed. Don't want to be one of those guys that parks it for 25 years and then it's a barn find...

i have had the clutch go out on a couple of cars. on my old 80 pinto the cable broke just as i was leaving for work. drove to work and home without using the clutch. only had to shut the engine down and restart it twice going to work and not at all coming home.

in my old 66 falcon, the throw out bearing failed, again only had to restart the engine three times, in this case on the way to the shop.

I had the clutch go out on my parents' VW bug. I was too young at the time to be brave enough to try to drive it anywhere. I also had the clutch cable quit working on my dad's Kawasaki KZ 1000 as well, that was a few years later - I think I might have been 16 or 17 and I figured out a way across town with no stops. I wouldn't even try to shift without a clutch, especially someone else's vehicle. I did lose a clutch in an '87 Accord, but that was due to wear, so it wasn't a sudden failure. That Accord was the worst POS I ever owned, plus a real pain to work on. Now I stick with Fords.