saleen blower oil change???

• Sponsors (?)

50,000 miles. I'll find the other info for you. I have seen it.

I believe you can you GM supercharger oil (@ $5/4oz) or Ford supercharger oil (pn XL-4, which is more than the GM stuff). Probably need 1.5 bottles. Here was a post from another site someone made:

"I have been using the GM Supercharger oil. It costs $4.98 a bottle and you need to use 1 1/2 bottles.

I don't remove anything but the CAI to get to it. I use a 3/8" id. hose attached to a turkey baster to remove the old oil and just a piece of the same 3/8"id. hose to fill it.

I use a 6mm ball end T-handle allen key to get to the cap screw.

I fill it till the oil comes up to the first thread of the fill hole so the 1 1/2 bottles is an approximation.

Also if you overfill it you'll know about it since it will leak out of the vent hole located in the center of the blower snout bolt."

Others I have read use the GM stuff also.

I believe I read in the same forum somewhere else that the GM oil is a conventional based oil vs the Ford which should be synthetic. I think that accounts for the price difference.

I'd personally go with the synthetic. Its not that expensive if you factor in how long it is supposed to last.

GM SC oil is now $9 from Summit and Jegs. Others I have read use Redline 50W - and these are guys that have been running the blowers for a while and beating on them. I wouldn't think the GM stuff to be different. The oil in a GM supercharger from the factory is most like supplied by the sc supplier, for the most part Eaton, who, for the most part, supplied Ford. Can't see a car company changing that up. Even reading on the svt site, Cobra 03/04 guys recommend the GM oil because of availablilty. One guy even called Eaton.

Two bottles delivered for $20:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Must...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item27acd35118

Thanks alot guys thats a big help im not at the 50,000 mile mark yet but im pretty sure it'll be a good idea to check the oil to. I bought the car used for a steal. 07 Gt with the blower with 32,000 miles its got 47,000 on it now i always change my motor oil every 3,000 but i never checked the blower oil. Its on my to do list this week for sure! Thanks again what a help!

I was just searching the web and found the exact oil the Saleen Series VI come with on brenspeed.com but for $45.99 plus s/h they say its good for 50,000 miles. Its states one pint sized bottle will do the trick. Here is the link if anyone wants to check it out.
http://www.brenspeed.com/saleenoil.html