Roush Saleen Book look-up...

Would someone do me a quick favor and get the info from the registry section of The Saleen Book for '99 Saleen S351, Serial No. 23?

From what I can gather of the pics sent to me...

- Supercharged
- 13" Brakes
- Recaro seats
- Chrome wheel upgrade
- 18x10 rear wheel upgrade
- CF package
- Painted door inserts

Greatly appreciated! :hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

Justin, thanks for looking that up for me. :nice:

Marcus, that will be my intention...to drive several before making my decision. However, what do you mean they each drive a little differently?

This car is VERY clean from the many pictures I've received. Exterior-wise, it is damn near identical to my current car with the exception of the headlights, CF mirrors, exhaust exit location, and slightly different front brake housing. It has roughly 5,000 miles on it and untouched. Currently owned by a 65-year old gentleman in the mid-west.

I'm just not so sure I want another bright red car. White would be my first preference, then maybe the darker red. A yellow one would be great, but not sure I'll come across one.

Another red car is not too bad. YOu want attention no?:D

Anyway, has the motor been rebuilt yet? Some cars got some special on location attention in 2000-2001. Of all of the years the 99 drove most consitently meaning throttle response, how it builds power up to redline and so on. I'm only talking about the motor here. I have driven 3 99-00's, I take that back 4, and two drove identical, one was a bit anemic and the other needed gears so that one does not count but that is the reason I said to go out and drive a couple to compare. If you want a new edge car then you are stuck with the last year only but interestingly enough there are a few out there right now. Are you close enough to drive the one Mark has? That would be a good one since I'm sure Mark has gone through the tune already since it's in his possesion. There is also #47 in the classifieds (vert) maybe out your way. Sorry, I'm a traveler so I'll fly across country on the red eye just to drive a car to see if I like it. That's the only reason I have driven so many of these cars. Well, I drove a few and helped with those "break in miles" also. Did you know we flipped an S351 down the street from Saleen? Love that 2 point bar.

Oh yea,

Only two yellow cars. Gary is not going to sell the Underground Racing car he has and I missed out on the other a few months back. YOu and I would have to brawl over that one if it came up again:)

marcus95 said:
Another red car is not too bad. YOu want attention no?:D

Anyway, has the motor been rebuilt yet? Some cars got some special on location attention in 2000-2001. Of all of the years the 99 drove most consitently meaning throttle response, how it builds power up to redline and so on. I'm only talking about the motor here. I have driven 3 99-00's, I take that back 4, and two drove identical, one was a bit anemic and the other needed gears so that one does not count but that is the reason I said to go out and drive a couple to compare. If you want a new edge car then you are stuck with the last year only but interestingly enough there are a few out there right now. Are you close enough to drive the one Mark has? That would be a good one since I'm sure Mark has gone through the tune already since it's in his possesion. There is also #47 in the classifieds (vert) maybe out your way. Sorry, I'm a traveler so I'll fly across country on the red eye just to drive a car to see if I like it. That's the only reason I have driven so many of these cars. Well, I drove a few and helped with those "break in miles" also. Did you know we flipped an S351 down the street from Saleen? Love that 2 point bar.

Great info... :nice:

Attention is hard to avoid with any Saleen, but yeah...a '99 S351 will definitely do the job.

No, this one has not been rebuilt...as far as I know. I definitely want a new edge car, so yes...'99 is the only year I'm searching.

Mark's shop is about an hour north of me. I've already mentioned to him if the S351 is still there when I get back in late April/early May I want to take a look at it. It does sound as though he has already tuned it (from his ad description).

I've talked to that guy about the 'vert...another nice car. I also don't mind making cross-country flights to see a car (I'm guilty of it myself). I've purchased a few vehicles sight-unseen and been picked up at the airport to drive it back home...one vehicle from San Diego to Norfolk :D

marcus95 said:
Oh yea,

Only two yellow cars. Gary is not going to sell the Underground Racing car he has and I missed out on the other a few months back. YOu and I would have to brawl over that one if it came up again:)

Are you sure about the two total for yellow?

We have had 2 different Yellow S351 Verts/Speedsters at SCOA events :)

- Saleenfest Midwest
DSC07025_small.JPG

- Rocky Mountain Mustang Round-up
RMMR22_small.jpg

Mike actually flipped it. He was going around 80 when it happened. He blamed it on the Dunlops. He had an engineer with him, I forget his name. It was a 98 he he. The Irvine cops were just shaking thier heads. It was a sight to see. There are no pictures that I know of. Suffice to say it wouldn't start after we turned it back over. Mike didn't even have a scratch on him.

Saleen Mike said:
Are you sure about the two total for yellow?

We have had 2 different Yellow S351 Verts/Speedsters at SCOA events :)

- Saleenfest Midwest
DSC07025_small.JPG

- Rocky Mountain Mustang Round-up
RMMR22_small.jpg

Sorry Mike. Coupes....coupes. I should have been more precise. I think I'm done with speedsters.:D Maybe I'm getting old.

I haven't tested the limits of the dunlops yet! Yikes! I still have the original ones on the car now. 10 years old. They will be replaced this summer for show season. Anyone know where i can get some side skirts for the 96?

marcus95 said:
Oh yea,

Damn, you weren't kidding...only 2 coupes and 5 convertibles built in '99 for the S351. What number is Gary's? He didn't list his S/N in the Yellow Mustang Registry...only the other came up with a S/N, that one being No. 39. I'm assuming it was No. 39 that was up for sale a few months back? That one is out in Washington, right?

marcus95 said:
Yea,

#39 was the one I missed out on. I thought it was for sale in MO? Anyway I thingk Gary's is # 23 or 29. I can't remember. I have not heard from him since last October.

Do you remember what happened? Did the owner sell it or decide to keep the car? Here it is (with the original owner?) in North Hollywood, California...

Beard99Saleen.jpg

Here is the pic of it from PAS a few months back (I guess Missouri)...

yellow993517hm.jpg

Attachments

• Beard99Saleen.jpg
    Beard99Saleen.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 84
  • yellow993517hm.jpg
    yellow993517hm.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 89
HazeGray said:
Do you remember what happened? Did the owner sell it or decide to keep the car? Here it is (with the original owner?) in North Hollywood, California...

Beard99Saleen.jpg

Here is the pic of it from PAS a few months back (I guess Missouri)...

yellow993517hm.jpg

YOu are good at saving pics. Believe it or not those are two different cars and yes, the top one with silver wheels was a california car originally. Joe worked on it. It was in Arizona for a time and then somehow that used car dealer got it when it was on ebay last August I believe.
The car on the bottom is Gary's car. That is the same car that KC owned and was in all of those underground racing videos. Gary bought it off of Mark's site. That pic in that garage was taken in Florida.

Attachments

• Beard99Saleen.jpg
    Beard99Saleen.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 88
  • yellow993517hm.jpg
    yellow993517hm.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 87