Saleen is already out?

• Sponsors (?)

I talked to my Saleen dealer in NC on Friday. Saleens are slated to begin production next week (Nov 1). That means the first ones should be arriving in dealers by the 3rd week in Novemner. The 400hp Supercharged version is due out mid-January and the 500hp Extreme at some time after that. I am going to test drive a SC version as soon as they come out.

markham51 said:
I talked to my Saleen dealer in NC on Friday. Saleens are slated to begin production next week (Nov 1). That means the first ones should be arriving in dealers by the 3rd week in Novemner. The 400hp Supercharged version is due out mid-January and the 500hp Extreme at some time after that. I am going to test drive a SC version as soon as they come out.

Hell, I can't wait for the Saleen verts to come out. I wanna see what the new GT looks like with a tonneau cover :)

here is a quote from the e-bay listing

"This car is expected for November possible December delivery unless changed by Saleen."

so you are not bidding on an actual car you are bidding to buy the car that the saleen dealer gets in as soon as he does.

so no they are not available yet

FallenPhoenix said:
in this case that's all there are. Are those louvers in the front seat headrests?

No, it's some kind of a mesh type of materieal. Or perhaps netting is a better choice of words.

You have to see the seats up close to really appreciate them as there is some kind of raised design runing down the center of both the seat and backrest. It almost looks like a 3D spinal column type of design for lack of a better description. I'm not sure if it's functional or purely decorative. Also, the seats had a kind of dull sheen to them rather than the highly shined slippery leather appearance. With the unusual embosing and low luster sheen they almst looked like they were made of rubber. Very unusual.... in a hi-tech looking kind of way.

Brett