Saleen rear spoiler vs Steeda rear spoiler for Fox Mustangs

GAU89LXStang

Feb 12, 2003
Saleen rear wing vs Steeda rear wing
Does anybody have experience with either one vs each other or vs factory GT or LX spoiler. I have heard that the LX spoiler is better than the GT spoiler. For those who haven't seen a Steeda wing for the foxes here is a link to one: Steeda Rear Aero Wing
It definetly looks like it would work. Remember that this car will be on the autobahn frequently, so rear end stability is a must. Oh yeah I found a 88 GT for sale here in Germany for $2500 but I may be able to talk him down to $2000 :D

Later,
Mo' Town

• Sponsors (?)

The lx wing has more of a curve to it, unlike the practically flat GT wing. The LX will provide more downforce than the GT, but steeda and the saleen wing will have even more. It looks as if the saleen and the steeda would be very close in making the same amount of downforce.

Out of the four, I would narrow it down to the steeda and the saleen as being the most functional. it is just up to you as to your taste and which one you would want to go with. Personally, I like the steeda, it looks like an extended LX wing with more of a curve to it.

This might be a deciding factor....

If you have an LX, the steeda wing will direct bolt on while you will need to fill holes, paint and drill new holes to mount the Saleen wing.

If you have a GT, Saleen wing will direct bolt on but you will need to fill holes, paint and then drill new holes to mount the steeda wing.

Love the Steeda, hate the Saleen. The Saleen is just too big and sticks out too far IMO, and the Steeda is nearly stock looking in style, which i'm all about. The only thing that i think would suck about the Steeda is if you dont garage your car or if it ever sees rain, it looks like it would fill with water if there wasnt some kind of drain somehow.

I always likes the saleen wing and the dugan racing whale tail as well, but it seems like everybody and their mother has one...I ran across the steeda wing thumbing through the adds in MM&FF and love it! I plan on getting one to go for a cleaner look.

How do you guys think it will look on a GT. I think it would look good on a LX, but... Oh yeah the car I'm looking at already has the Saleen wing. I just want to know which one creates more rear downforce for the high speed cruising it will be doing.

Mo' Town

lol that would be awesome.... A mustang on the autobahn mmmm..... Me thinks your gonna need some better rubber... mind you mustangs rarely ever see past 150mph in stock trim. Thats odd that you found a GT in Germany of all places let alone for that cheap.... Some one had to import that thing afterall. The Saleen wing will be just as good as the steeda wing for all intent and purpose... Since it already has one I would say the choice has been made for you already. Unless of course you are a sucker for punishment.

The tire issue has already is being addressed, I am going to get these replica black Bullit wheels of of EBAY for 399, they are 17x9, then I'll run 245/45ZR17 front and 275/40ZR17 on the rear. That is a little down the road as I am in the process of assembling the necessary parts for the SN95 brake conversion. I am also looking at a coilover kit, but will probably wait til next year when I do the 351W stroker install. I'll be soing the K-member then and it doesn't make a lot of sense to do coilovers now. So probably a nice set of springs for now.

Later,
Mo' Town

speed freak: the mustang is owned by another US servicemember. It is a US spec car, the reason I am getting it so cheap is he didnt get it inspected prior to leaving and he had to give Power of Attorney for someone else to sell it. The seller only had three monthes to sell it and I think he's running out of time. Good for me, the owner originaly wanted $3800. I definetly think that the three monthes may be almost up...I am definetly shooting for the $2000. That will leave me $1000 for mods right off the bat.

Mo' Town