Roush Saleen Sad Story And Unhappy Cust

s281er238

Mar 31, 2005
I Bouht A Brand New Saleen S281sc 2004 Was Very Happy Ever Since I Got The Car Its Been Nothing But Problems.its Always At The Dealer And I Had Nothing But Problems And Now Its Still At The Dealer And The Cant Fix A Check Engine Problem The Customer Service Sucks And All The Top Head Guys Give The Dealer A Run Around.the People At The Dealer Tell Me That Now That The 05 Saleen Are Here They Dont Even Care About The Old Body Style Or The New One To So Thats Pretty Sad To Know When You Pay 50000 For A Car Which Sucks,so I Called The Bbb And I Told Them The I Want To Return The Car So I Have A Case Open And A Lawyer I Wanted To Share This Because Iam A Saleen Fan I Owned Some Before But I Sorry To Say This Is My Last One That I Will Ever Buy Poor Customer Service And It Takes The 4 Weeks To Send A Part Cause They Dont Have Any 2004 Parts In Stock How Sad Is That Whats Gone Happen In A Year From Now If The Car Has Problems There Gone Keep The Car In Dealer For 4 Month How Stupid Are They Anyways I Jnust Wanted To Share This With You Guys Cause Iam So Pissed Offf At Them

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah I been there before, I feel ur pain. I have come to find out though a Saleen, it is "just" a Mustang GT with Saleen parts. So when I blew my engine (no warrenty in this case) I bought a used longblock and did the swap myself. I sold my POS blower and putting a Novi 2000, with Snow Performance Stage II Methoal Kit. If it is hard to tune, Im chuckin the ECU and just gettin a 02 GT computer. Ive found out that is is better to do the work yourself, its cheaper, and you learn more and makes diagnostics easier. Needless to say Im very sorry to hear your story, good luck with the lawsuite!!! Jake

Can't you go to an indepedent tuner to figure out what is wrong with your car? (and then have dealer fix it under warranty). Most check engine light problems are simple emissions related items.

I have found that most dealers couldn't fix a problem if the answer was right in front of them.

Sorry man that sucks, I would be upset also. I find it hard to believe that they have kept your car for so long. I guarantee if they did that to me I would be in their face 24/7 They would be so sick of seeing me they would do anything to get rid of me. Keep us posted on the outcome dont leave a good story unfinished. :)
PS where is this dealer, better yet WHO is this dealer? If your that upset fill us in so we wont take our cars there.

FASN8N said:
Can't you go to an indepedent tuner to figure out what is wrong with your car? (and then have dealer fix it under warranty). Most check engine light problems are simple emissions related items.

I have found that most dealers couldn't fix a problem if the answer was right in front of them.

Obviously you have never visited my dealership. :notnice:

kyle

s281er238 said:
I Bouht A Brand New Saleen S281sc 2004 Was Very Happy Ever Since I Got The Car Its Been Nothing But Problems.its Always At The Dealer And I Had Nothing But Problems And Now Its Still At The Dealer And The Cant Fix A Check Engine Problem The Customer Service Sucks And All The Top Head Guys Give The Dealer A Run Around.the People At The Dealer Tell Me That Now That The 05 Saleen Are Here They Dont Even Care About The Old Body Style Or The New One To So Thats Pretty Sad To Know When You Pay 50000 For A Car Which Sucks,so I Called The Bbb And I Told Them The I Want To Return The Car So I Have A Case Open And A Lawyer I Wanted To Share This Because Iam A Saleen Fan I Owned Some Before But I Sorry To Say This Is My Last One That I Will Ever Buy Poor Customer Service And It Takes The 4 Weeks To Send A Part Cause They Dont Have Any 2004 Parts In Stock How Sad Is That Whats Gone Happen In A Year From Now If The Car Has Problems There Gone Keep The Car In Dealer For 4 Month How Stupid Are They Anyways I Jnust Wanted To Share This With You Guys Cause Iam So Pissed Offf At Them

What fault's are stored in the ECU? Why have they not been able to fix it? Why have you not tried a different dealership?

Let's see some more info on your problem car.

kyle

4 months at the dealer for a check engine light, or in and out of the dealer, on and off for 4 months for a check engine light?

Sounds like that english Top Gear pansy Jeremy who asked Ford to buy his 2005 Ford GT ( GT40 ) back becuase the aftermarket, Roush installed alarm system kept malfunctioning.

s281er238,

Are you not the guy who has claimed to have owned 5 Saleens including an "E" car?

:shrug:

I have to end this sob thread. This poster does not own a car. Sorry. :(