Roush Saleen Wheel Questions??

gonen20

Jan 27, 2006
On a 99 to 2004 18 X10 Saleen Wheel can you put a 285 35 18 Tire??? Does it look strange on the oversized rim?? I have a chance to get 2 Pzero Red Pirelli Tires New that size for free and was curious if they will work on the 18 X 10's I've had in the garage for over 2 years?? Time to get them on a car!:D
Ok, another question, whats the biggest size tire one could put on a 96 Saleen 5-Spoke Alloy Saleen 18 X 8.5 front?? what about the Rear 18 X 8.5?? 265 40 18 on rear???

• Sponsors (?)

On a 99 to 2004 18 X10 Saleen Wheel can you put a 285 35 18 Tire??? Does it look strange on the oversized rim?? I have a chance to get 2 Pzero Red Pirelli Tires New that size for free and was curious if they will work on the 18 X 10's I've had in the garage for over 2 years?? Time to get them on a car!:D
Ok, another question, whats the biggest size tire one could put on a 96 Saleen 5-Spoke Alloy Saleen 18 X 8.5 front?? what about the Rear 18 X 8.5?? 265 40 18 on rear???

it might look odd to some people but I remember 10 years ago when I was in Greece they had a lot of German car magazines and they loved putting narrower tires on wide rims.

On my '01, I went as big as 305 without any problems.

todd,

You can go 285 on the rear no problem just as long as it's a 35 series. Hint.. hint on the early 94-95 S351's with the rear wheel up grade 18x10 rears they installed Dunlop 285-35-08's on the rear from the factory. either car they will look fine. Actaully you will like how they look if going on the gold car since that girl is low.

As for the fronts you should not really go larger than a 265. I actaully have a couple of BFG 265's for the front if you want them.

I have seen guys go 285 on the rears 8.5's without problems. Just depends on the tire brand as some run wider than others.

Thanks everyone for Info on this!:D
Marcus, Thanks for all the info! What do you want for the 265 BF's?? are they 35 or 40 series?? What kind of BFG's are they?? I've got a collection of Tires/wheels in my garage too, you don't even want to know what I got!! Also Mike wants to know if on his 96 How big in the front could one go without rubbing 255 40 18?? Rear 265 40 18/ 275 40 18?? Will these work on 18.5 rims 96 Saleen Wheels????
I was at Joes today (Chicane Sport Tuning) with Roberts old Alcons that I had bought from him a year ago to get them finally stripped redone/ powder coated Gold with black bolts & Black Saleen letters! Joe called me back a few hours later to let me know all the seals needed to be replaced and the pistons were all original aluminum (Which was only used on the race cars/Steel was used on the street cars calipers) & He wants me to replace them out!!! He said these calipers were early Alcons?? Wish these Alcons could tell me there History!! Anyways I'm about $700 into these when done:( , I hope they stop my car on a dime and look Unique and Awesome while doing it!! :) At least I know they will be done Perfect if Joes Involved!! Todd

Toddo,

Your son can go 265/35's on the front however I have found that a 255/35 looks best on the 8.5 wheel ( BFG KDW) if you ask me. As for the rears, he can go 285/30's and it will look good. I would not run a 40 series tire unless it runs a really short sidewall.( Dunlop ) You can run a 295/40 on a rear 8.5 but it won't look great. Been there done that.

I have a couple of BFG KD's. One left and one right. They have exactly 62 miles on them. email me if you want them.

I know Joe's painter/epoxy guy. They do a really great job. You won't be sorry. For the record the Alcons stop waaayyy better than the Brembos'.

it might look odd to some people but I remember 10 years ago when I was in Greece they had a lot of German car magazines and they loved putting narrower tires on wide rims.

It's called tire stretching. Sort of goof looking if you ask me.

dsc0304medium6gkub9.jpg

Attachments

• dsc0304medium6gkub9.jpg
    dsc0304medium6gkub9.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 61