Salvaged/Wrecked 01-04 GT

VTGT91

Jan 4, 2007
Where do you guys think the best place to find a wrecked 01-04 GT? Ebay? Local Classifieds? Insurance Companies? ETC? anyone have any experience with buying a wrecked/donor car?

• Sponsors (?)

Where do you guys think the best place to find a wrecked 01-04 GT? Ebay? Local Classifieds? Insurance Companies? ETC? anyone have any experience with buying a wrecked/donor car?

Depending on where your located I would think. MPS autosalvage is strictly a mustang only yard and I would think there might be a few of those but that is the only one I personally know of. They would probably be the best bet for a more complete car but it depends on how much you need.

Try

Craigslist look in both cars/trucks and autoparts. Excellent source for cars. In fact, it is great source for "project" cars. IE cars that need repair but other wise have a good title. Avoids the stimga of having a salvage title.

car-part.com a searchable list of salvage yards. Better for getting specific parts.

Copart.com. Allows individuals to bid on whole salvage cars.

IMO, ebay is not as good. Too many dealers.

I have purchased 3 "project" cars for fixup. 1 from ebay and 2 from Craigslist. IMO, Craigslist is better because you can see what is being bought without the BS of bidding. Deal directly with the seller.

What is it you are trying to do?

I would like the motor/trans to swap into my 96 GT and Id also like to do an interior swap if everything is still there, otherwise just use some of the parts out of the interior. Ideally I would like to find a car thats been wrecked in the back or the quarters.