Satellite

• Sponsors (?)

I have the Delphi MiFi Xm portable satellite radio, which has a built in FM modulator. I ran an external trunk mounted magnetic antenna and I just run the power cord into the center console. The radio fits perfectly lying face up in the cupholder near the console. The reception is usually good. Don't have any pics right now, but mayber later.

65 A Code said:
I have the Delphi roadyxt. Currently mounted by the dome lights but moving soon, I bought a powered mount that fits in the cig lighter.

Do you have a link where that mount can be purchased? I got the Sporster Replay and want to make as clean an install as possible

FLY2kGT said:
I have the Delphi MiFi Xm portable satellite radio, which has a built in FM modulator. I ran an external trunk mounted magnetic antenna and I just run the power cord into the center console. The radio fits perfectly lying face up in the cupholder near the console. The reception is usually good. Don't have any pics right now, but mayber later.

Same exact setup here...and the MiFi is awesome because its really versatile, I use it with my home stereo, carry it out to the car, then use it in the gym with the saved stuff, or use the clip on antenna for a bike ride...I highly recommend it...:nice:

I have the Starmate sirius unit velcroed above the radio. I had the power and antenna cords shortened and the antenna is velcroed to the dash pad. Works well.

Pics anyone?
I traded my sportster for starmate and currently have it suctioned to the passenger side windshield. I would love to move it off of the window and get it somewhere close to the radio.
Thanks,
Fred

05PhillyStang said:
Do you have a link where that mount can be purchased? I got the Sporster Replay and want to make as clean an install as possible

I had just used double sided tape, I hated it up by the dome light. Was a pain to change channels. I ended up buying a mount that plugs into the power outlet on the dash off of ebay. Below is a link to the one I bought, I will try and take a pic of mine tomorrow for you. I had to extend the cable to clean it up a bit, but to me it looks fine and puts the unit in a very good location for reach and for line of sight.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Powered-Car-Mou...yZ109273QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem