Saw 2005 Houston Auto Show

Stangman_X

Feb 17, 2003
TX
i liked the new bodystyle its something different than the one ya see all the time on the road, i also talked to him about the new 2005 cobra version they are gonna make of that car which comes out a year later when they hit the floors sept 7th he said, the new 2005 cobra version which will actually be called the shelby gt350(yes they are redoing the whole lineup of those cars with caroll shelby helping) it will have 420-430 hrsp :jaw: ,he had no clue how much or what horepower the shelby gt500 would have which i was curious lol about the horsepower and cost, he said they were gonna remake alot of old mustangs with this bodystyle coming out with 1 each year, starting with the new cobra(shelby gt350) then going up, he also said they were gonna do like a boss theme and a mach 1 again and the bullit,im excited about all these new stangs, i was gonna get a 2003 cobra until i heard about the 2005 i like them alot better

• Sponsors (?)

The 350 and 500 from the GT350 and GT500 name came from their horsepower rating supposedly. Guess a GT350 wouldn't be as impressive with 350hp today as it was in 65

GT350 and GT500 had NOTHING to do with horsepower.

The first one was GT350...which came from how many feet it was from Shelby's office to the garage. 350 feet.

And GT500 came after because it was bigger than the 350, and sounded much bigger.

i went on saturday :nice:

i was kind of upset that i couldn't sit in the car or get a real close look at it. the ropes were about 3 feet away from the car and there were lots of people crowded around it all the way until closing :(

i did get to see lots of other sweet cars though

I went too. I love the pictures, but seeing the stang in person was cool. :nice: I love the way it looks and only hope they come out with a Boss 302. I saw the Ford robot there, what was pretty funny.

Ford Robot?

JAZ 5.0 said:
I went too. I love the pictures, but seeing the stang in person was cool. :nice: I love the way it looks and only hope they come out with a Boss 302. I saw the Ford robot there, what was pretty funny.

You saw the Ford Robot at the Houston Auto Show? I've seen it at auto shows in past years and it was great! Could speak several languages like French, Italian, Spanish, German and English; played music and danced, entertained the kids -- was really a great crowd-pleaser. Did you take any pictures of it you could post?

Well all the talk about shelbys, Bosses, and Mach 1's tells me that Ford wants to really relive the 60's with the stang. Thats pretty cool.

Wonder if they have the guts to put out a Boss 429. :worship: