saw a ZR1 on the road today...

• Sponsors (?)

A guy driving a ZR1 pulled in to the parking space next to me at a Publix supermarket. It is an awesome machine. He said he got a 'deal' buying it from Heard Chevrolet when they went bankrupt, was planning to flip it for a profit. I wish I had that kind of money to play with....

I see one everyday. . .that's because I own one. Truth be told, Mine is a 1990 it has 28,000 miles on it. It would not come close in keeping up with a new one, but it still runs 12.40's @ 117. I drove a new one a couple of weeks ago, I thought about trading my GT in on it. I had all the paperwork ready to sign, changed my mind at the last minute.

I live 6 miles from the GM Tech Center. I see that car all the time...along with every other "new" car they think of releasing.

Lot's of "testing" goes on around the streets of Metro Detroit. Ford, Chrysler and GM.....all do it. It's cool.
:nice:

I see one everyday. . .that's because I own one. Truth be told, Mine is a 1990 it has 28,000 miles on it. It would not come close in keeping up with a new one, but it still runs 12.40's @ 117. I drove a new one a couple of weeks ago, I thought about trading my GT in on it. I had all the paperwork ready to sign, changed my mind at the last minute.

what kind of horsepower does the 1990 ZR1 put out?

Lol I bet the dealer loves you now!!!

Btw. I love the C4 ZR1s. I still think the coolest Vette would be a 96' ZR1 with the Grand Sport paint and body.