Say it ain't so.

Riverart

Oct 29, 2007
Ontario, CA
Hello all, thought I would share my sad story. My wife comes home walks up the stairs and said she had bad news. Long story short, she parked the car a bit to close and my step daughter smacked my car with the rear door. :nonono:

Nice sharp ding right on the crease of the car. Do you guys/gals think that this type of thing can be remedied by one of those paintless ding repairers?

Anyway, I didn't lose it on my wife or the child, but inside I'm pissed off.

• Sponsors (?)

yup, it happens, but I think that is sort of the appeal of the mustang. It does not have to be perfect to still be a very cool car. It is a muscle car, and they get used. How many times have you seen an old blemished 65, and still thought, 'awesome car'. How many times have you seen an old 87 lambo and still thought 'awesome car'. You havent, because a lambo, or porshe, etc, have to be gleaming. (well, maybe not a porsh)

Anyhow, let me tell you my story. One week after I bought my GT, it was parked in my garage and the shelving system put up by the previous homeowner FELL OVER right on top of the stang. And it fell because there was some heavy stuff up top, the worst of which was probably two jack stands. They scraped up the car pretty bad in three of four areas. Luckily, the dealer had agreed to detail the car prior to the purchase (I bought it used). I had not yet taken it in for detailing, and when I did, they fixed all the scratches pretty well. There is still one dent that did not come out, but like I said, stuff happens. If you want your car to remain perfect, you have to keep it in a two car garage by itself, and never drive it.

It'll buff out and you'll soon forget all about it. Glad to hear you kept your cool.

I know how you feel, my car picked up a small ding right after I picked it up. It's barely noticable but I was so mad. I am going to look into having it pulled when I get back to the states but it's so small it's probably not worth it. Also glad to hear you didn't lose you cool, family is more important than a car, even your 'stang.:D

How many times have you seen an old blemished 65, and still thought, 'awesome car'. .

I must be obsessive compulsive but I haaaaaate dings, especially one right smack dab in the middle of a door panel. On my previous car, I had the PDR and the technician also smooth out some wavy parts of the door panel as well.

So back to the obsessive compulsive. When I see something like an old beat up 65, it really depends. If its a plain Jane, just enjoy it and beat it till it dies.

On the other hand, lets say its a HiPo GT with the pony interior, console, and a/c. I'll immediately think, wow - what a candidate for a restoration. At work, somebody has a '68 Olds 98 sedan, thin center pillar without those frames around the windows. Fully optioned. Dash a/c which was a big deal in the '60s. Original Gramma's couch upholstery (I had a terrible time spelling this word). However the body had some cancer going on in the rocker panels and the car was painted with primer. A co-worker and I thought the same thing. Unfortunately, a lot of folks don't know what they really have.

Anyway I think I'll :Zip2: because I might be getting :OT:
:D

No, it's not a crease, more like if you took a small punch and hammer and moderately tapped it. Problem is, it sits right on the body shoulder. I've already gotten a number for someone to check it out. I just wanted to vent because I know that it isn't that important, but enough to get under my skin and thought some of you could relate.

Thanks for letting me do so and for your thoughts.