Scale Auto Model Build Off?

• Sponsors (?)

Here is my 06 Mustang GT done in the closest color I could find to Legend Lime. I added seatbelts door locks, engine wiring, and coil packs.

front3quarter.jpg

side.jpg

rear3quarter.jpg

interior_side.jpg

engine_bay_top.jpg

Attachments

• front3quarter.jpg
    front3quarter.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 50
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 68
  • interior_side.jpg
    interior_side.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 49
  • rear3quarter.jpg
    rear3quarter.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 52
  • engine_bay_top.jpg
    engine_bay_top.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 56
Here is my 70 Boss 429 and my 65 fastback that I finished about a year ago.

6.jpg

05.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

shoe_horn.jpg

front.jpg

top.jpg

rear.jpg

passangerside.jpg

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 80
  • shoe_horn.jpg
    shoe_horn.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 76
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 55
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 71
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 54
  • passangerside.jpg
    passangerside.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 50
Sometimes there is enough space on the kits distributor to drill and add wiring and other times I use a Photo Etched kit, I get them from one of the 3 hobby stores I frequent in the Dallas area. Ebay works too or direct from the Detail Master Site (google it)

Demented5oh,

Thanks again for the wing last year. I was finally able to complete that look.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I decided to do the SVO stock because it's simply going to be too much work to get the nose and 1/4 windows to work. One day they will hopefully release an LX model.

I wish I could make a model look like my car. I started a '93 S10 kit to look like the one I had but I sold the truck 4 years ago and still havent finished the kit.

I see you go to Lebanon Valley Dragway. Me too.

Yeah, I went a little crazy when I built that one. Even without the wing, it took me over a year to finish it because I kept losing interest. I had to buy two kits because the first one I bought on Ebay was opened and didn't come with the Pony wheels. I sent away for the light bar from Revell-Monogram (ordered as an extra part from the Saleen convertible model), and traded the Saleen wing that came with the kit to Demented5oh for the 94-98 Gt wing.

Lebanon Valley is fun. I actually haven't been there in almost 5 years though. It's been hard to find the time with work.

I try to go to LVD every Wednesday. I went all summer but didnt have the Mustang until the end of August so I was just a spectator.

Its been too cold in my room to work on my Cobra kit the past week or so. I dont have heat in there. Also no heat in the garage so I cant spray paint anything.

For the dizzy, I used to heat up twist-ties (after removing the paper) and just have them melt their way into the dizzy, then I'd paint them black or whatever... For huge wires, you can use solid wire such as you'd find in phone lines... This was way back when you didn't have fancy parts for details. Damn it, I feel like building a model now

Here is a picture of the 1997 Cobra I just finished. Well, I am calling it finished, but there are a couple areas I need to touch up. This thing was hard to build. Some of the body panels just didn't want to line up.

Copyofengine090.jpg

Here is my official admission photo for the contest. Among this mess is a 1986 SVO. I have been working on it, and will post progress pictures when I get a chance.

View attachment 405974