Scam?

efish

Nov 3, 2008
Hello.
I have been looking around the internet for a mustang I could buy.
I found one which seemed very nice, but the prize was frightenly low (7000 $). She told me she sold it low because it hade belonged to her divorced husband and she wanted to sell it asap. It was a blue 67 fastback. I emailed her to get the VIN and she told me it was 67400F7A0XXXX. That is supposedly a Shelby gt500! Those cars are worth at least over 100 000$. I was starting to think that I actually was quite lucky, but then I saw the color did not match up. The VIN indicated Lime Green, but on her pictures the car was blue. And when I googled the VIN I found the car in other ads, but it was Lime Green of course, and it was priced just below 200 000$. So, proboably a scam. Sad thing.

• Sponsors (?)

Is it local? More the likely it is a scam, but I had a woman call me one time to sell a old Mustang. When I got there it was a 1970 Boss 302 with all the number matching. She only wanted $2,500 for it, but she was in a bad way since her husband died so I made some calls and got hera fair price for the car. Those deals do pop up from time to time.

No, it's not local actually.
Yes, imagine if this was real. That would have been great. But I just can't afford the risk. But thanks for your replies!