SCARY PLEASE READ

• Sponsors (?)

All cars have there problems. So these cars on occasion can burn people alive. Not the best feature but I'd say it's worth it to drive my mustang.

If you think about it, most of life is luck anyway. The probability that this will happen to me is so remote that I would more likely fall victim to a head on collision or being hit my lightning.

OMG THE SKY IS FALLING!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

You mean to tell me that between 1979 and 1993, 15 years, there have been close to, if not more, than 50 (FIFTY!) rear impact fire related deaths from Mustangs!!!!

That's 3.33 deaths per year...

Or roughly the same number of people who die each year from spanking it...

Coincidence? I think not.

if u read some of those incidents alot of those idiots didn't know how to drive, their car lost control, and somebody hit them from behind causing an explosion. a couple of new jersey state troopers were killed a few years ago on the jersey turnpike when their cruisers were hit from behind causing an explosion, so this is not a mustang only problem.

Don't drive an f-body either. Not only is the car dangerous to drive, BUT IT WILL ACTIVELY TRY TO KILL YOU.

http://www.safetyforum.com/fcars/

The writer of these "articles" needs to learn how to site. I love how for the F-bodys he tells his readers that t-top models are considerably more dangerous than their hardtop counterparts. However, anyone who looks into the structure of a f-body would know that the car is designed with the T being the strong part of the roof and hard top cars basically have tin sheets welded in place, which provide virtually no additional rigidity to the car.

...I bet you can die falling down the stairs also... Does that mean you're gunna stop going upstairs to bed at night?

Guess what, if everybody was scared nothing would happen.

Sell your mustang, go buy a civic and stay home.

I like how they mention the Pinto. How many deaths were there in the Pinto fires? Only 27 out of more than 2 million cars sold.

This is the same bull**** they pull on Ford all the time:
Crown Vics - Fire(Cops ARE just more vulnerable to high-speed rear end collisions)
Classic Mustangs - Fire(same as the Pinto - exagerrated numbers)
Econoline - Rollover(Don't slalom in a damn 16-passenger van)

These reports are made to scare the idiots in our society; using common sense will help anybody dispute these claims. What I don't get is why Ford doesn't sue 60 minutes for harrassment. You don't see this crap about Japanese cars, yet Civics are statistically one of the most dangerous cars on the road.

I like how they mention the Pinto. How many deaths were there in the Pinto fires? Only 27 out of more than 2 million cars sold.

This is the same bull**** they pull on Ford all the time:
Crown Vics - Fire(Cops ARE just more vulnerable to high-speed rear end collisions)
Classic Mustangs - Fire(same as the Pinto - exagerrated numbers)
Econoline - Rollover(Don't slalom in a damn 16-passenger van)

These reports are made to scare the idiots in our society; using common sense will help anybody dispute these claims. What I don't get is why Ford doesn't sue 60 minutes for harrassment. You don't see this crap about Japanese cars, yet Civics are statistically one of the most dangerous cars on the road.

:Word:

LOL i dont think i care.... my top would melt b4 i was burned alive.... even if "will also cause the doors to jam shut, especially in convertible models." lol... wooo for verts.... not very often do cars explode from burning fuel unless they are under extreme preasure...

Did anybody else notice the last name of the attorney covering this issue? Fried......Joseph Fried. Yes, Fried is covering Ford's firebomb. :lol:

The report reads like someone has a beef with Ford......almost like a disgruntled employee who's going to stick it to Ford on the Internet. Anywho, the problems mentioned aren't nearly as shocking as those found in many many other autos.

Don't think a 94/95 stang was mentioned at all specifically in a crash. :)

Wow im selling my car now!!! But im keeping all my guns as a safety tool!!! Thats gay!!! How many people trip and fall and die every year??lol

Oh please. I was sitting in my girls 2001 v6 vert and we were eating some food and talking about 12:00 at night. Some stupid unlicensed mexican 20 year old kid driving a probe rear ended us (parked) at 45mph, pushed our car 37ft (according to the police) and destroyed the poor stang. It saved us though, and did not burst into flames. The doors did get jambed shut but I kicked mine and ripped hers open from the outside (must have had that super stregnth with all that addrenilin) because when we looked at it later to pick up our things out of it, there was no way those doors were gona close.
Moral is, I am SO pleased with how well that care took care of us, maybe that website should look into how, in the right senario ANY car can catch fire. Not just single out one car.