School me on the 98 Cobra.

Evan5469

Founding Member
Apr 8, 2002
Maryland
I am pretty close to purchasing a Vortech Sc'ed Chrome yellow with black top Cobra. The guy that owns it has done the following: Forged internals, Vortech V-1, Ported intake and heads, DIS-4, Centerforce clutch, long tubes, catted H, flows welded in, aluminum d/s, 3.73's, subframes, 31 slpine moser axles, Eaton or Auburn diff (can't remember which). Pretty much has everything done for me that I could want.

Anyway I know this isn't stock and was wondering on what kind of numbers is should make. He said the quickest it's gone in the 1/4 is 11.81, but I don't know what that equates to in power. But if there is anything you could tell me that would be helpful about the 98 Cobra in general that I should watch out for or be aware of, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any responses. :nice: :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Evan5469 said:
I am pretty close to purchasing a Vortech Sc'ed Chrome yellow with black top Cobra. The guy that owns it has done the following: Forged internals, Vortech V-1, Ported intake and heads, DIS-4, Centerforce clutch, long tubes, catted H, flows welded in, aluminum d/s, 3.73's, subframes, 31 slpine moser axles, Eaton or Auburn diff (can't remember which). Pretty much has everything done for me that I could want.

Anyway I know this isn't stock and was wondering on what kind of numbers is should make. He said the quickest it's gone in the 1/4 is 11.81, but I don't know what that equates to in power. But if there is anything you could tell me that would be helpful about the 98 Cobra in general that I should watch out for or be aware of, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any responses. :nice: :nice:

He's set the car up pretty well. Id try to dig out of him why he's selling it.
Out of curiosity, whats he asking for it?

peace

Tat- He's selling it cause he just bought a new '03 Sonic Blue Cobra and has to get rid of the 98. And he is offering me it for 15K only because my mom works with him and knows him pretty well. And I know that is a steal.

missouri guy - It does have a 6-pt roll bar with racing harnesses so I think i should be ok.

Evan5469 said:
Tat- He's selling it cause he just bought a new '03 Sonic Blue Cobra and has to get rid of the 98. And he is offering me it for 15K only because my mom works with him and knows him pretty well. And I know that is a steal.

missouri guy - It does have a 6-pt roll bar with racing harnesses so I think i should be ok.
Good deal then...

Evan5469 said:

Damn - that is the deal of a century. Id be asking 20k for mine , and mine isnt even forged!

peace