schrader valve

• Sponsors (?)

04 do not have a schrader valve...unless you own an 04 Mach 1. Not sure about the Cobras. Anyway 04's havea returnless system (or so Ford told me.) I was told in order to hook up my fuel pressure gauge, i had to either find an aftermarket fuel rail, or drill into the current one and then weld in a self centering bung, available from Autometer. What i ended up doing was T-ing off my fuel supply line and fabricating a brass T to screw in the sending unit. So...good luck finding a schrader valve on the fuel rail, cause they arent there.

Here's the deal with hooking up a nitrous kit on an 03/4 without the Schraeder valve. For some reason it was yet another thing Ford decided to change the year before they kill the SN95 body style. First off,I would not recommend drilling into the fuel rails. It's just not a good idea seeing as how it's not something that can be done without rigging it. NX has designed a special fuel block that taps into fuels system via the sensor housing on the drivers side fuel rail. It will still use the same sensor as that is the new superfantabalous electronic version of the schraeder valve (yet another computer that will now be computer controlled). This is not a mass produced product and will be contructed on a request basis. It's $50 and it's the only safe way to tap into the fuel system. If you have any more questions or need contact information just send me a PM and I'll let you know who to contact.

UVBNHAD said:
Here's the deal with hooking up a nitrous kit on an 03/4 without the Schraeder valve. For some reason it was yet another thing Ford decided to change the year before they kill the SN95 body style. First off,I would not recommend drilling into the fuel rails. It's just not a good idea seeing as how it's not something that can be done without rigging it. NX has designed a special fuel block that taps into fuels system via the sensor housing on the drivers side fuel rail. It will still use the same sensor as that is the new superfantabalous electronic version of the schraeder valve (yet another computer that will now be computer controlled). This is not a mass produced product and will be contructed on a request basis. It's $50 and it's the only safe way to tap into the fuel system. If you have any more questions or need contact information just send me a PM and I'll let you know who to contact.
Kenne Bell has an mass produced adapter that fits in the same area, and for around the same price. Send then an e-mail at [email protected] or call them and you can get one in a couple days.