Roush SCOA / Saleen Store Event This Saturday

JLM

Jun 26, 2006
Mission Viejo CA
SCOA is hosting an event this Saturday (May 19) beginning with the Cars & Coffee show at Ford PAG in Irvine then moving over to the Saleen Store in the Irvine Spectrum. We are looking for all local Saleen owners as well as Mustang enthuasists to join us this Saturday for a great event.

Heres what Dennis posted earlier concerning details of the event -

O.K. folks, Saleen Store event is this Saturday! Let’s come out in force and show Saleen Inc. a strong SCOA presence! The Saleen Store has asked for a head count of attendees. Please reply to me as soon as possible using the following sentences, filling in information as necessary. If a sentence does not apply, delete it and then reply back to me.

Yes, I will attend the SOCA SWR event at the Saleen Store.

In addition to myself, I will be bringing ______ people.

Yes, I want to participate in the S7R Challenge. ($10 to race)

Yes, I want to participate in the Buy-In. (Please provide a list of item numbers and the $ amount)

Sorry, I will not be able to attend this special SCOA event.

Once again, here is the information for this event. As always, do not hesitate to contact me with any questions. You can reach me at 714.475.8117 or Larry Mullen at 949-399-5865.

Saturday, May 19th.

Please make plans to join us for a special event hosted by Saleen, Inc. at their store at the Irvine Spectrum. They have graciously offered to open the store early for SCOA and provide some special activities.

1. The Saleen Store Tour – A member of the Saleen Store staff will briefly guide us around the store which is divided in half between lifestyle and technical performance.

2. Club Buy-In Discount on ALL Saleen Parts and 10% off ALL Saleen Apparel/Merchandise during the event Do you have a wish list of Saleen performance parts and apparel?
If enough of us have large enough ($$$) wish lists, we can qualify for discounts greater than 10%.
*NOTE: This Club Buy In discount is ONE TIME ONLY, and applies just for this first-time event.

Link to Saleen Speedlab Aftermarket Parts: http://www.saleen.com/SC101_Services/SC101_Shopper/showCatalog.php?menuId=1

3. Saleen Ride & Drive Experience – SCOA club members will have the chance to test-drive one of Saleen’s 2007 performance vehicles:
Saleen S281 3V: 4.6L SOHC V8, 335 bhp @ 5200 rpm, and 345 lb-ft @ 4500 rpm
Saleen S281 Supercharged: 4.6L SOHC V8, 465 bhp @ 5800 rpm and 425 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm
Saleen S331 3V Sport Truck: 5.4L SOHC V8, 325 bhp with 380 lb-ft

4. S7R Racing Simulator Challenge (Optional) – With a minimum of 6 challengers and $10/person to enter, race the S7R on one of the world’s famous racetracks for 10 minutes. The SCOA member with the best lap time on that track will win a Saleen T-shirt and baseball hat of his/her choice.

5. Saleen Poster – Each member will receive a complimentary Saleen poster, one lucky member will receive an autographed version by Steve Saleen!

6. Refuel @ The N20 Bar – Members may enjoy complimentary bottled water and soda from our N20 bar during the first hour of the event.

So that is what they have set up for us, so far. You may have read in Powerr or on Saleenchat.com that Saleen, Inc. has recently become a SCOA club sponsor. Help us show our gratitude for Saleen’s support by making it to this special event

Before the store event, we plan to participate in the weekly, early morning Cars and Coffee car show. Plan to see a lot of exotic machinery and strong showings from other area car clubs. After they show, you may have worked up an apatite, so we will dine at a nearby restaurant for lunch.

Itinerary for the day:

6:30 am Meet at the Saleen Store parking lot
111 Fortune Drive, Suite 905
Irvine, CA 92618
6:45 am Drive as a group to the Cars and Coffee parking lot on the other side of the mall
9:00 -11:00am SCOA Saleen Store event
11:30 ish Lunch at a restaurant in the mall.

The Saleen Store Address, Map and Store Hours:
111 Fortune Drive, Suite 905
Irvine, CA 92618
Location Map of The Saleen Store
Located in The Irvine Spectrum Center - http://www.shopirvinespectrumcenter.com/

Best Regards,

Dennis McKee
SCOA Southwest Region Director,

S281-SC 00-0111

Please let Dennis or I know if you can make this event.

Larry Mullen
97-0183

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for posting this Larry. I have been receiving email response from SCOA membership but as with all our events, you do not have to be a member to participate. You are welcome to bring your car, Saleen or otherwise as well.