Scratch fixing techniques..

Jun 10, 2005
So i was letting my jack down and i forgot my jack stand was next to the door. the black groove the end grinded into my paint leaving a insertion. Consequently I have a scratch on the bottom of my door that is about 2 inches vertical. You can see that the scratch is indeed colored black due to the deepness. It actually doesnt look that bad since its on the botom of my door, almost looks like dirt. (Might help determine the serverity) Can anyone reccomend a solution for me? I heard i can use touch up paint and a bit of wet sanding to fill in the black and make it look less noticeable. I also have a few scratches i'd like to take care of that aren't near as bad. Any insight would be great, thanks in advanced!

FYI: I can take pics if it helps..

• Sponsors (?)

I am from Houston. I think i met you before at quarter mile solutions. Les is a buddy of mine.

Anyone know what to do about my paint scratch mess?!?!

Yep, thats why I asked ;) Couldn't beat the solution that he found for the problem that you were having. It wasn't looking good until then :nice:

As for the scratch, get some pictures and lets see how deep/bad it is. You could always buy the touch up paint and do it that way. There are many articles online of how to "properly" do it :nice: